gamin 60csx

I realize my Garmin is out of production, but I like it and am trying to determine if it is the latest version..

On the version screen it says that I have "Software 4.20." Just below it says "GPS SW version 2.90m"

Are these the latest?

I can find on line where it says the latest is 4.00 but not 4.20...

But, i can't find if the 2.90m is the latest..

I'm sort of confused...Any help would be appreciated....

The reason I ask is that when I get close to a Geocache, the screen doesn't zoom in and guide me to the cache..

I have to turn it off completely, turn it back on, and then it shows me how close the cache is...

Thanks..

I stumbled across a web page that said there were 60CSX's that were shipped with a 4.20 software version...Although, Garmin didn't

want to talk about it..

As far as the "GPS SW version, if yours has an "s" behind the number, it apparently has a SIRF chip in it...If you have an "m", it's a

Meta something or other...Garmin changed those also...Don't know why...It's just Garmin..

I still have the issue with close in Geocaches, It will not automatically zoom in when the cache is within 5 to 10 feet...I have to turn it off and

restart...A friend of mine has the same unit and his zooms in....

It's a looong time since I've used the 60...

Seems to think/remember there's a setting to do with 'speed' :unsure:

Sets 'something' to do/not do at certain speeds...

eg. If your speeds drops below XX mph the units stops doing 'whatever' I wonder if this is one of those 'things'?

Can't remember what it's called, or where to find it (other than in 'settings') Sorry. :)