Back-logging a Trackable

De Mondo

Hi

I took a couple of TB's on holiday with me and swapped with another cacher at a meet.

I couldn't log the TB at the time because we didn't have internet access.

2 weeks later, when I got home I wanted to log the visits for the TB's at the meet and other caches I had taken it beforehand but obviously the TB is not in my inventory anymore so I can't log it as visited.

I have photos of the TB's but I can only put under the cache page not the TB page.

I have managed to find the TB codes but I don't know how to proceed.

Can someone give me a dummies a, b, c on how to do this because I am tying myself in knots trying to work out how you would go about this?

Thanks

Hi

I took a couple of TB's on holiday with me and swapped with another cacher at a meet.

I couldn't log the TB at the time because we didn't have internet access.

2 weeks later, when I got home I wanted to log the visits for the TB's at the meet and other caches I had taken it beforehand but obviously the TB is not in my inventory anymore so I can't log it as visited.

I have photos of the TB's but I can only put under the cache page not the TB page.

I have managed to find the TB codes but I don't know how to proceed.

Can someone give me a dummies a, b, c on how to do this because I am tying myself in knots trying to work out how you would go about this?

Thanks

You can post the photos with a Note log. No tracking number needed, use the edit to use the correct date, the Notes will be backdated to be in date order.

If you want to Visit it to each cache you will either have to let whoever has it 'In Hand' know, so you can Grab it back to perform the Visits, or wait until it's in a cache. It gets to be a long/complicated task...

It can be done, but it's quite an involved process, especially if you need to 'visit' it to a lot of caches:

First, you need to get the TB back into your own inventory. To do this, wait until it's sitting in a cache inventory somewhere (don't grab it from some other cacher's inventory), make a note of which cache it's in, then use the TB tracking number to retrieve it from that cache. That will put it back into your inventory.

Now you're ready to give it its travels...

Two ways to do this -

either write a correctly back-dated Note log on each cache, for the date you originally found it, and give the TB a 'visit' there, obviously keeping the visits in correct sequence.

or, edit your original 'Found it' log and do the TB 'visit' on each edit.

Once you've done the whole string of correctly dated visits you need to put the TB back into the cache inventory from where you retrieved it at the start of all this. You can do this by using a Note log on the cache to drop it off.

It may take the system a little while to catch up with all the newly logged visits - If you go to the TB's home page and click on the drop-down 'Recalculate distance' I think that helps everything to fall into place.

Good luck!

MrsB

Edited by The Blorenges