Etrex 30 for $179

BAMBOOZLE

Rats. The Barrie store has it on for $249.00. I also checked GPS City, GPS Central and Le Baron's but no deal like the U.S. Cabela's store. Oh, well. I'll be in Seattle the second week of September and, after visiting this site's headquarters, I'll be looking for some GPS deals, lol.

Ummm.... He says August 23rd for 5 hours only. NOT RIGHT NOW..... and not in September...

But sales never cross borders.

Rats. The Barrie store has it on for $249.00. I also checked GPS City, GPS Central and Le Baron's but no deal like the U.S. Cabela's store. Oh, well. I'll be in Seattle the second week of September and, after visiting this site's headquarters, I'll be looking for some GPS deals, lol.

Ummm.... He says August 23rd for 5 hours only. NOT RIGHT NOW..... and not in September...

But sales never cross borders.

Ha, ha. I hurriedly sent off a response while serving techs here at the shop. I meant GPS deals in general (if any) while in Seattle and visiting this site's headquarters refers to GCK25B. Cheers!

Ha, ha. I hurriedly sent off a response while serving techs here at the shop. I meant GPS deals in general (if any) while in Seattle and visiting this site's headquarters refers to GCK25B. Cheers!

It is pretty rare to find a better deal in the US than Canada for a GPS.

Here, in Canada, the GPS receivers I've purchased were good deals. But I always seem to see the good deals south of the border first, especially in stores like Cabela's and REI. Ontario's only Cabela's opened recently and there are no REI stores in Canada, as yet (I don't think I'm wrong about that). Yeah, we get the deals from time to time...GPS City and GPS Central are very competitive and very good, too. I think the eTrex 30 is a terrific unit and I would love to have got it for that price but maybe I'll hold out for an eTrex 30 bundle (like the eTrex 20 bundle with topo map on SD card and case) for $200-ish?, lol.

Here, in Canada, the GPS receivers I've purchased were good deals. But I always seem to see the good deals south of the border first, especially in stores like Cabela's and REI. Ontario's only Cabela's opened recently and there are no REI stores in Canada, as yet (I don't think I'm wrong about that). Yeah, we get the deals from time to time...GPS City and GPS Central are very competitive and very good, too. I think the eTrex 30 is a terrific unit and I would love to have got it for that price but maybe I'll hold out for an eTrex 30 bundle (like the eTrex 20 bundle with topo map on SD card and case) for $200-ish?, lol.

Closest REI to Toronto is in Troy, Michigan. In fact that's the only one within any reasonable drive of here from what I can tell. The Troy REI is comparable to the Burlington MEC. In fact, the MEC is pretty much a photocopy of the Michigan REI store. SAIL is the store in the GTA to beat for outdoor product deals. GPSCity/GPS Central out of Calgary still beat out pretty much all the brick'n'mortar shops though there is a RadioWorld store in Toronto with deals comparable to GPS Central (it's almost as if the stores are related somehow /sarcasm).

bird.....we've had this discussion before.

You don't need another GPS unit :)

Small screen, slow processor, patch ant. , and button arrangement I've never been fond of and still I'm tempted to buy one.....I love playing with new stuff.

Edited by BAMBOOZLE

bird.....we've had this discussion before.

You don't need another GPS unit :)

Small screen, slow processor, patch ant. , and button arrangement I've never been fond of and still I'm tempted to buy one.....I love playing with new stuff.

Bam...I always get a laugh out of your replies, thank you for that. I'm the same way, I love these gadgets. Cheers!

I managed to snag one this morning at our "local" (60 miles away) store. Now to get it loaded with caches and see how I like it. I've always had Magellans except for an old eTrex camo.

The down side of having a Cabela's nearby is having a Cabela's nearby. I made the trip to buy ONE item. When my wife was done (ok, I helped), we had 9 items totaling $1800

Luvvinbird,

I don't know if the Academy Sports chain has a store in Seattle, but that is where I've snagged the best sales deals on Etrex units in the last couple of years. Have bought two Etrex 20's when a sale went up., (One on a regular sale for $149, the last E20 displayed unit was marked $129 so I snagged it)

Our local Academy Sports (Birmingham, Alabama) had the Etrex 30 for $169 on sale two weeks ago. It was a week long sale. I would have, but I already have two E20's that do what I need.

Luvvinbird,

I don't know if the Academy Sports chain has a store in Seattle, but that is where I've snagged the best sales deals on Etrex units in the last couple of years. Have bought two Etrex 20's when a sale went up., (One on a regular sale for $149, the last E20 displayed unit was marked $129 so I snagged it)

Our local Academy Sports (Birmingham, Alabama) had the Etrex 30 for $169 on sale two weeks ago. It was a week long sale. I would have, but I already have two E20's that do what I need.

I'll definately visit Academy Sports while in Seattle. Thank you for the information, I very much appreciate it.