Garmin 62s Loading caches

uxorious

Using GSAK to load caches into my 62s. When I load some new caches into the thing, the caches already in there disappear. Had about ten caches in the Geocache file, loaded two more in, and ended up with just the two. So I went back and loaded the ten back in, now the two are gone, but the ten are there???

I'm thinking I may have made a mistake buying this unit. I love my 60CSx, but wanted the paperless. I'm having nothing but trouble trying to make this thing work. If I can figure out another way to go paperless, I would dump the 62s in a second.

Dunno for sure that this will work with your Garmin, but it does with my Delorme... you may as well try it! :)

NAME each file distinctly different than the others. GSAK can do that for you.

While I do not use GSAK, I supply a name for each Pocket Query before submission and that works fine with placing then into my unit, they stay separated and switchable.

If I forget to name the PQ, I have simply name those files before loading them to the unit... that still works fine, for me anyway.

I've loaded up to 12 singular download files without any overwrite that way (works great for a long trip with many different stops).... never tried more, but I think it will still work.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

how are you loading the caches from GSAK

if you are use the SEND waypoint in the GPS Menu this will over right the file in the GPS

had a look at the marco call Garmin GPS Exoprt see link

http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=7745&st=40entry211890

hope this helps

I have had rotten luck trying to use macros in GSAK, but I will play around with this and see if I can make it work. Just seems to me there should be a better way. My 60CSx is simple and easy, never had these problems.

Dunno for sure that this will work with your Garmin, but it does with my Delorme... you may as well try it! :)

While I do not use GSAK, I supply a name for each Pocket Query before submission and that works fine with placing then into my unit, they stay separated and switchable.

If I forget to name the PQ, I have simply name those files before loading them to the unit... that still works fine, for me anyway.

I've loaded up to 12 singular download files without any overwrite that way (works great for a long trip with many different stops).... never tried more, but I think it will still work.

I don't see anyway of naming the files before loading them with GSAK.

I don't see anyway of naming the files before loading them with GSAK.

I thought you could... but then, I don't use GSAK, so....

You can name (rename) via a right-click selection hovering over that file.

hi again

Are you send the caches as waypoint or Geocaches ?

under GPS (Gsak ) menu<br>

use Send waypoints

trick the waypoint Type as Geocaches (red 3)at the next menu

you can rename file Geocaches.gpx ( red2 )untick the Clear GPS before Sending box (red 1 )

then tick send

Capture02.png?attachauth=ANoY7coONRyFBCK9BV5hfRaUiFUzZyvI58lfUwJjfmeBFuR4EE7iJUgc6xgG_A1sFrOx0zk6wW0wH766GJrDzKJcWPc10Qsxeq0xpiSAhwwvJG4y0kOd8wZ9R7slMW2HFtcKps8dppYA4MVR1bhMKLyNEJe0xYxNE6jJc7jKM2n_Gl82RO-irLUnJlWFc03-msf__J_Qc-rC4tTxXqarc6MtFUjkquCxKJwaKWgeAacgyB3kkHuhu4BMvpSR-W9_2q0QpH7THBFq&attredirects=0

Edited by taybee