GPS device for my 10 year old

makgonz_JOSE

To help my youngest son have more fun geocaching with us, I wanna buy him a device. What's a good GPS device that's kinda cheap.

If I needed to get an inexpensive GPS for one of my kids, I'd go on eBay and do a search on eTrex and then filter for under $50. As long as it works you should be able to load it up with caches you will go for and he can look at the compass screen showing the direction and distance to the cache.

Maybe this link will work:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=etrex&_dcat=156955&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo&_udhi=50

I see many under $50 that you could buy now without even having to bid and wait.

You can also check Craiglist.

Another option is to buy a cheap old android smartphone with wifi and a GPS chip and install one of the apps for geocaching. No data or cell plan required for tor using the GPS function and the wifi for downloading apps and geocaches.

Ask your friends and relatives .... chances are you can find someone who has an old smartphone laying around they will give you for free.Then your only cost is the cost of the app.

Edited by alandb