Magellan 310 wont start up

After replacing the batteries in my 310 it wont turn on, I've contacted the help desk and have tried their ideas but nothing as yet. The unit turns on when conected to my pc however when I disconnect it goes off. I hope someone out there can tell me what's wrong.

Greytiger

To save you from some perhaps unkind replies, can you please confirm whether it worked _before_ you replaced the batteries? The way it's written, it looks like you've just replaced/installed dead batteries. Whose "help desk" did you contact and what suggestions did you try?

When asking for help, asking good questions is a big part of the result.

To save you from some perhaps unkind replies, can you please confirm whether it worked _before_ you replaced the batteries? The way it's written, it looks like you've just replaced/installed dead batteries. Whose "help desk" did you contact and what suggestions did you try?

When asking for help, asking good questions is a big part of the result.

Hello thanks for your reply, I've been off line for a couple of days so I couldn't reply sooner. Yes my unit was working properly until I replaced the batteries, I replaced them with the type that was installed in my gps on purchase, Everready lithium. I tried to turn on the unit to no avail.

I contacted Magellan Help and support who suggested the following... try the reset hole near the usb port, what battery type did I use?, go to tools go to settings go to power set it to the correct battery type, I had the correct battery in my unit again no avail. The unit will turn on when connected to my pc and when disconnected turns it self off. The latest information from Magellan is to send it into them for service which I will do

this unit is 6 months old?. I hope soon to get back to geocaching and lodge my first cache.

Greytiger (Alex)

Yes my unit was working properly until I replaced the batteries, I replaced them with the type that was installed in my gps on purchase, Everready lithium. I tried to turn on the unit to no avail.

It still sounds like the new batteries are the problem, not the device. If the only thing that changed when it stopped working was the batteries, it seems pretty logical that the batteries are the cause of the problem.

This may be a silly question, but have you tried putting the old batteries or any other AA batteries in? I'd really start with troubleshooting the batteries first before worrying about the device itself.

Yes my unit was working properly until I replaced the batteries, I replaced them with the type that was installed in my gps on purchase, Everready lithium. I tried to turn on the unit to no avail.

It still sounds like the new batteries are the problem, not the device. If the only thing that changed when it stopped working was the batteries, it seems pretty logical that the batteries are the cause of the problem.

This may be a silly question, but have you tried putting the old batteries or any other AA batteries in? I'd really start with troubleshooting the batteries first before worrying about the device itself.

Thanks for your reply, yes I tried 3 pairs of new batteries from the same packet and no show, the unit has now been sent back for service.

Regards

Greytiger (Alex)