Some moterra questions

kplmedic

i have the monterra now for two weeks, and running some issues

1. GPX files only visable on harddrive, not on SD card

2. GOA (garmin outdoor apps) closing when i select a geocache, and goes back to startscreen

3. can't find a nearby signal, like when you are close to a cache, like my oregon did have

4. Can't load the pictures with the GPX files

5. How do i put GGZ files on the monterra

Can anyone help me out?

Edited by kplmedic

1. GPX files only visable on harddrive, not on SD card

Possibly designed that way. No clue.

2. GOA (garmin outdoor apps) closing when i select a geocache, and goes back to startscreen

Try deleting all GPX files first. May be a cache with bad HTML.

3. can't find a nearby signal, like when you are close to a cache, like my oregon did have

Not sure what you mean.

4. Can't load the pictures with the GPX files

GPX files do not include the cache pictures.

5. How do i put GGZ files on the monterra

Under the GGZ directory. GSAK will produce GGZ files.

1. Never had this problem. Both internal memory and mSD card are accepted. Sometimes -when starting up- the mSD card seems to be mounted a bit too late to read GPX/GGZ files from it. Killing GOA solves it. Or never shut down :blink: .

2. This sounds like an old language issue, solved a long time ago. Are you using the latest firmware (4.10_1.28.00)? It can also be what Red90 said.

3. Don't know what you mean either. Chirp? Beep on arrival?

4. When you use GSAK and install the proper macro, you can sent pictures with the gpx.

5. What Red90 said.

1. Never had this problem. Both internal memory and mSD card are accepted. Sometimes -when starting up- the mSD card seems to be mounted a bit too late to read GPX/GGZ files from it. Killing GOA solves it. Or never shut down :blink: .

2. This sounds like an old language issue, solved a long time ago. Are you using the latest firmware (4.10_1.28.00)? It can also be what Red90 said.

3. Don't know what you mean either. Chirp? Beep on arrival?

4. When you use GSAK and install the proper macro, you can sent pictures with the gpx.

5. What Red90 said.

by number four i ment beep on arrival

i cleared the gpx file, and downloaded them again, with nuo succes

i don't work with GSAK, are there any other options to import the cachepictures

You can't just put the same file back on as that may be the cause of the problem.... You delete all files, then restart the unit. Then add a single and different cache and try that. If it does not crash, the problem is caused by one cache in your GPX file.

There are no legal options to import the pictures as Groundspeak does not allow it..... Complain to Groundspeak on the suitable forum....