Getting notification of cache activity logs using app?

SKT73

Gday my daughter and I have been caching a few months now in Australia using the iPhone app simply called 'Geocaching' with a premium account, which seems to be linked to this forum. We are getting good results but I wanted to know if using the app I can 'watch' and get notifications of log activity on a particular cache....particularly one that we did not find and have suspicions it might be missing and we'd like to revisit if someone else finds the cache or maybe the owner replaces it and updates via the activity log. I thought maybe adding it to a 'list' would be an option but I dont see that it is.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

- SKT

The "Watchlist" feature is designed for what you've said you're looking for. This feature will send you an email whenever there is activity on caches that you decide to "Watch".

To "Watch" a cache, you'll have to open the cache page in a web browser. You should be able to do this from within the app. Open the specific cache, select "...", and then 'open in browser'. Once the page is open in the browser, then click on "Watch" towards the top-right of the cache page. It would be one of the options under the blue frowney face image, for a cache you've DNF'd.

Here is the Help Center article about Watchlists: 1.4. Watchlists

There might be another way to do this.

-- Create a Bookmark List - maybe name it "Watched Caches".

-- Open the Bookmark List page, in a web browser.

-- Click on "Edit" next to the list you created.

-- Select "Notify me when items on this list are logged."

-- Click the Edit Bookmark List button.

Presumably, you would then receive an email whenever caches in this list are logged.

The benefit of this method is that it will be easier to add/remove caches to/from this list via the app. To add additional caches to the list, you won't have to open those caches in a web browser each time (as I described in my previous post). You will be able to simply select "Add to List" within the app and then click on your "Watched Caches" list.

Hope either of these methods helps. It would be nice if there was an "Add to Watchlist" option, or if "Watchlist" was one of the list options when selecting "Add to List" within the app.

The "Watchlist" feature is designed for what you've said you're looking for. This feature will send you an email whenever there is activity on caches that you decide to "Watch".

To "Watch" a cache, you'll have to open the cache page in a web browser. You should be able to do this from within the app. Open the specific cache, select "...", and then 'open in browser'. Once the page is open in the browser, then click on "Watch" towards the top-right of the cache page. It would be one of the options under the blue frowney face image, for a cache you've DNF'd.

Here is the Help Center article about Watchlists: 1.4. Watchlists

Thx for the reply very very much. I have gone for this option. And maybe a bit of the second option aswell. I'm putting them on 'wtach' as above then I have my 'watchlist' as a Safari bookmark on my phone which I can use to 'manage' my 'watchlist.

I agree the app is very good apart from this particular missing option. Especially for a premium account.

Thx heaps for the help. Those allusive caches are like ear worms just burrowing away until you find them :)

- SKT

Edited by SKT73