Waypoint question

Jnams

Hi , I have just gotten a new GPS , the Magellan 310 explorist . I upload some pocket queries on it , and Tried to add a way point on it later , but it says ive reached max waypoints . My pocket Query's have a lot of parking Coordinates , and Im assuming that is using up the memory needed for adding waypoints of my own .

So my question is any was to keep these parking coordinates from being added to my GPSr , when I upload caches ?

Any help is much appreciated .

Jnams

A zipped Pocket Query has two files - the xxxx.gpx file containing the geocache information and the xxx-wpts.gpx file contains waypoints. On the explorist the geocaches are loaded into the geocache folder and the waypoints are loaded into the waypoints folder. The 310 supports 1000 waypoints. You can go to the waypoints folder and delete the files there.

I do not know what method you are using to upload your pocket query, but if you do not want to load the waypoints, simply ignore or delete the wpts.gpx file before you do it and transfer only the geocaches.

"Follow the Arrow" has information about loading caches and waypoints into your unit.

Edited by geodarts