Location & Log Type

freckles527

I have found a Travel Bug lost since 2010 and logged it today. I noticed a location did not show up on the log. I also have it and now don't know how to log that I will place it. I find the instructions and FAQ are poor. Can someone please advice so I can log the location I found it and also how I will log I placed it. You can see the Travel Bug logs I just created at: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2787900

Thank you for all your help.

Thank you!

firstly you need to obscure the tracking code in the picture you posted...

you can visit the cache page where you found it and write a note - before you submit the log, at the bottom it lists the trackables you have in your posession, you can either drop the TB and then retrieve it or you can just do a visit...

when you drop it off in the next cache do the same thing as above when you do your found log and just do a drop...

Edited by allrounder

I removed the image. Didn't realize the code was not suppose to be in the picture. Thanks for letting me know.

Thank you for the response to my question. I appreciate it!

Thanks! :)

2.1. Two code numbers for each Trackable

The code on a trackable is the code to 'prove' you've seen it.

It can be used to Discover a trackable, and is used by some who have not seen it to increase their numbers by virtually discovering a trackable...

The less than honest could use it to virtually move the trackable to somewhere it isn't...

Edited by Bear and Ragged