App clarification required!

Zexabelle

Hey! I have just started my Geocaching journey and am confused about what does what. Here are the facts..... I have an iPhone 5. I have paid for a premium account. I have downloaded Geocaching Intro by Groundspeak Inc. here are my questions..... What is the benefit of downloading Geocaching by Groundspeak Inc. for $11.99? If there are benefits then is this a good app to use along with my premium account or are there others that are even better? Any and all guidance is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Zexabelle

If me, I'd hold off on the Geocaching app.

If you can wait a bit, I'd just cache with the Geocaching intro, which already now has a lot more functions unlocked, due to your premium membership.

Soon (the Lackeys aren't saying how soon...) the Geocaching (paid for) app will be phased out, and the Geocaching Intro will be the app, with all the extra bells and whistles available to premium members.

There are apps on both iOS and android that work really well with premium membership and offer features not found with Groundspeak's. But the intro app should serve you well for now - after you get a good feel for the game, and are in a better position to think about what you want, then look at what is available. My favorite iOS app does not have a free version, but there are some that are free to try out.