UK Geocaching Car Boot Sale

For sale: Garmin Oregon 400t

£180 ono + P&P. Message me if interested.

In very good condition with original Carabiner clip, cables and box... Has been looked after and only used to find about 40 caches..... In addition, City Navigator UK & Ireland map was purchased and installed.

The unit is the same spec as the 450t, but, without the 3 axis compass (works whichever way you hold the unit).

Link for 450t

Link for City Navigator

SOLD

Edited by The Duckers
  • Helpful 1

A brand new thread, for your second hand stuff

what so it can be moved agaijn by the powers that be :P

After discussions with Groundspeak, who took on board the opinions off UK & Ireland community members. The topic was moved permanently back to this forum. A technical hitch resulted in the original being accidentally and unrecoverable deleted.

Thank you to my esteemed colleague Castagnari (maybe there ought to be a rule, that Site Volunteers, have easy to write names such as Dave or Bob :ph34r::laughing:) for starting a new topic.

Deci :anicute::laughing:

ps: for those who don't know, I'm a Dave :laughing:

• Surprised 1

I've got a friction dashboard mount for a Garmin, and the collapsing stand that clips into it and takes a clip for a 60 series GPS (it might take a clip for other GPS units, I can't be sure). Unfortunately I still need the clip so can't include that.

It's in SW London, and if anyone wants it they're welcome to it. I just found this thing in a drawer - I haven't used it for years so just want it gone and would rather it went to someone who will use it than the landfill.

I'm not after any money for it, if anyone wants it feel free to make a donation to the charity of your choice if you want to.

I've got a friction dashboard mount for a Garmin, and the collapsing stand that clips into it and takes a clip for a 60 series GPS (it might take a clip for other GPS units, I can't be sure). Unfortunately I still need the clip so can't include that.

It's in SW London, and if anyone wants it they're welcome to it. I just found this thing in a drawer - I haven't used it for years so just want it gone and would rather it went to someone who will use it than the landfill.

I'm not after any money for it, if anyone wants it feel free to make a donation to the charity of your choice if you want to.

I also found the oval mount that sticks to the dashboard and the two oval sticky thingumies that stick it to the dashboard (IIRC one is a permanent mount and the other is "semi-permanent", whatever that means).

If anyone wants it just let me know, it's free to whoever wants it and when I get sick of the sight of it I'll chuck it out.

• Love 1

I also found the oval mount that sticks to the dashboard and the two oval sticky thingumies that stick it to the dashboard (IIRC one is a permanent mount and the other is "semi-permanent", whatever that means).

If anyone wants it just let me know, it's free to whoever wants it and when I get sick of the sight of it I'll chuck it out.

HI

Is this all still available? - if so I would be interested

Edited by wheelybarrow

All spoken for now. Can't edit the original post unfortunately.

Hi, I am looking for a simple gps so I can try geocaching with my son and daughter. We walk any way so have maps etc, just need something fairly basic to get started with. Thank you

If you are just trying Geocaching to see if you like it or not then i would suggest that if you have a smartphone .. IPhone or Android etc then download the official Groundspeak geocaching app.

The App is a great tool especially if you are new to geocaching.

I did this and after my first 25 finds i knew how much i enjoyed geocaching and then bought a Garmin Etrex 20 which is perfect for geocaching.

Good luck ... Have fun

Edited by Lowther Gang

Hello, thank you. I did download an app for my phone but was then told that is being discontinued soon. I have a Sony W715 which does have gps and google maps, which I use often for walking. If I could find something for my phone it'd be great but I can't seem to :(

Would a car sat nav work?

Edited by x2steps

Anyone got a "spare" Oregon 300 (or better) that they want to sell please? Or maybe even a Montana that they don't get on with and want to sell?

My stolen Garmin was found dumped in a hedge, luckily for me they were an honest person who contacted me using my contact details which were displayed on the splash screen. I was re-united with the Oregon yesterday, which is in perfect working order!

Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S

Upgraded but decided to stay with my Galaxy S so this is up for sale.

Factory Unlocked to any network. I thought I would give cachers the first choice before it goes on EBay on Sunday

I will accept £220 inc P&P Payment by PayPal or cheque (would need to be cleared before posting)

These are the main details and specs:

Powered by 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255, the Sony Ericsson XPERIA arc S allows for speedy multitasking. Powered by the Android 2.3 Gingerbread Android 4 ICS OS, this Sony Ericsson smartphone supports a wide range of applications. The 4.2-inch LCD display of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA arc S makes watching movies a fun experience. With 3G support, this Sony Ericsson smartphone lets you stream music and videos at high speeds. Thanks to Wi-Fi support, this Android phone lets you surf the internet on the go. Capture your cherished memories in outstanding quality with the 8.1 MP camera of this Android phone. Thanks to the HDMI port, you can watch the content of the Sony Ericsson XPERIA arc S on your television screen.

It comes as new, only used it for a week, and complete with allof it's supplied accessories (Mains Charge unit/USB cable/Earphones/HDMI cable for TV playback) PLUS a 16Gb Micro SD card, Silicon Case, 4 screen protectors & a leather flip case.

Key Features

Storage Capacity 1 GB

Colour Gloss black

Network Technology EDGE, GPRS, GSM/UMTS/HSPA

Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE UMTS/HSPA

Operating System Android 2.3 > Upgraded to Android 4 ICS

Camera 8.1 Megapixel

Memory

Supported Micro SD cards comes with a 16Gb fitted

Battery Capacity 1500 mAh

Display Technology TFT

Other Features

Touch Screen Yes

Bluetooth Yes

Digital Camera Yes

GPS Yes

Email Access Yes

Internet Browser Yes

Speakerphone Yes

phoneforsale.jpg

• Love 1

Hello, thank you. I did download an app for my phone but was then told that is being discontinued soon. I have a Sony W715 which does have gps and google maps, which I use often for walking. If I could find something for my phone it'd be great but I can't seem to :(

A car sat nav may work but is unlikely to be overly great to use, as it's designed to navigate by road and almost certainly won't have any detail of anything that isn't a road. You may also have issues with batteries (some are designed to be permanently powered) and weatherproofing. That said depending on just what you have it may work - I know a guy who cached with a car satnav before he bought a dedicated GPS.

Whereabouts are you? You might be able to find a local event where you can meet other cachers and talk to them about units, and maybe see if anyone has an old unit they'd be willing to part with.

A car sat nav may work but is unlikely to be overly great to use, as it's designed to navigate by road and almost certainly won't have any detail of anything that isn't a road. You may also have issues with batteries (some are designed to be permanently powered) and weatherproofing. That said depending on just what you have it may work - I know a guy who cached with a car satnav before he bought a dedicated GPS.

Whereabouts are you? You might be able to find a local event where you can meet other cachers and talk to them about units, and maybe see if anyone has an old unit they'd be willing to part with.

Hi, thank you. I am in Guildford. Watching a garmin etrex 10 on ebay so fingers crossed

Hey Guys

I have a couple of items that may be of interest to someone starting out.

Firstly I have a 'LOWRANCE ifinder GO2' gps, in good working order, I can provide a manual on memory card or cd. The Lowrance has basic mapping showing local towns, major roads and features, is able to lock onto sattelites quickly, even indoors (something my Etrex struggles with)

Used this a few times but still prefer my Etrex 'Summit' and my Maggy 'Explorist 200'.

Secondly I have a Palm M505 organisor, when this is teamed up with 'plucker' (not currently installed but available through geocaching.com) it makes paper caching obsolete, (just think of carrying hundreds of cache listings in a unit that fits in your top pocket). This comes with USB docking station and software, (you can download recent drivers for vista and '7'). I still use one for my listings.

Offers around £50 + postage will be considered, cash, cheque or paypal, cheques will require clearing times.

Edited by momagic48

Hi, thank you. I am in Guildford. Watching a garmin etrex 10 on ebay so fingers crossed

If you can get to one of the Surrey meets you'll meet lots of people with all sorts of gadgets to look at. Sometimes they are closer to London, other times they are more Woking/Guildford based. I've been to a couple, the folks are friendly :)

for sale

Magellan sportrax hand held GPS all working well comes with leads to conect to computar and power lead to car .

cd disc usb serial adapter device drivers.

cd disc sportrax mapping series user manual

car window mount . plus instruction books " 2 "

found this worked very well while we was geo-caching

more than welcome to collect

tel07931834847

now sold now sold now sold

for sale

Magellan sportrax hand held GPS all working well comes with leads to conect to computar and power lead to car .

cd disc usb serial adapter device drivers.

cd disc sportrax mapping series user manual

car window mount . plus instruction books " 2 "

found this worked very well while we was geo-caching

more than welcome to collect

tel07931834847

I've got a Garmin 62s I want rid of, have replaced it with a montana so its spare. Comes with everything as standard as well as the bike mount. Has the base maps as standard, however, if you contact me I can provide better details of the maps. There are some scratches to the units screen but they dont prevent use or hinder the view with the backscreen on. The screen protector peeled off from dirt getting in at the edges and typically two days later the screen got scratched so I didnt bother to cover after that (I actually preferred this as I spend far too much wasted time protecting the beauty of gadgets that are made to be used) but apart from the screen marks its an absolutely perfect working order and has enabled me to find hundreds.. probably thousands of geocaches now. I replaced because I wanted a gps that had enough internal memory to store my OS maps. Offers considered as Im not sure how much its worth with the marks on the screen.

I am looking to upgrade and looking for a Garmin Oregon.

I 'won' one on fleabay but the seller decided to relist it as I hadn't paid after 4 days and then asked a highter price :-( I decided the hassle of reporting him wasn't worth it and hope he gets less if he does relist it.

Since then I have had a meeting with a deer one dark night and my vehicle is going to be expensive to repair with a high excess, so a cheapish unit please.

All sorted now, thanks

Edited by castagnari
(at users request)

My trusty Oregon 200 is now looking for a new home.

The Oregon 200 is in very good condition and I had a ZAG Invisible Shield on it from the day I got it and have just removed this, so the screen is unscratched and as it was when new. The body of the Oregon 200 is in very good condition too, no dents, scratches or cracks.

Works perfectly, complete with box, original Garmin USB cable and I'll even include a pre-loaded and tested 4GB MicroSD card with my latest OS 1:50K Look n Feel mapset.

I'm only selling it as I have just upgraded to a 550 so that I have a current Oregon model for my map testing.

This is a good alternative to a new Etrex 20 and offers a larger screen which renders map data far faster than the Etrex 20 and 30 models.

It holds up to 1,000 caches at a time. Battery life is 16-20 hours (depending on batteries used).

This is an excellent starter to intermediate level device for caching, hiking, cycling.

If you can get to West Sussex, you are welcome to come and see it in action before purchase.

Price is £140 + Postage and packing (if not picking it up in person).

Please feel free to PM or email me if you need more information of want to come an see it.

Good as a last minute Christmas present :rolleyes:

Edited by talkytoaster

The Oregon 200 is in very good condition and I had a ZAG Invisible Shield on it from the day I got it and have just removed this, so the screen is unscratched and as it was when new. The body of the Oregon 200 is in very good condition too, no dents, scratches or cracks.

Works perfectly, complete with box, original Garmin USB cable and I'll even include a pre-loaded and tested 4GB MicroSD card with my latest OS 1:50K Look n Feel mapset.

I'm only selling it as I have just upgraded to a 550 so that I have a current Oregon model for my map testing.

This is a good alternative to a new Etrex 20 and offers a larger screen which renders map data far faster than the Etrex 20 and 30 models.

It holds up to 1,000 caches at a time. Battery life is 16-20 hours (depending on batteries used).

This is an excellent starter to intermediate level device for caching, hiking, cycling.

If you can get to West Sussex, you are welcome to come and see it in action before purchase.

Please feel free to PM or email me if you need more information of want to come an see it.

Is it still available ?

Is it still available ?

Yep, at the moment it is...

Is it still available ?

Yep, at the moment it is...

Happy Christmas, thanks Talky but im no longer looking for a unit.

I have for sale a nearly new garmin gpsmap 62s with full O/S GB discover map.This unit was bought in the summer so is nearly new.I am looking for around £265 for this unit but i am also open to sensible offers by pm please.This unit will have to be collected from my home adress in scarborough North yorkshire.Many thanks Rob

001_zps834dcdac.jpg

I'm new to geocaching and am looking in to a GPS. Unfortuantly they all seem to be considerably expensive.. What kind of price can I get away with in purchasing a second hand GPS which will do the job?

Thank you in advance.

Hi if you have a smartphone already the cheapest way is to get the geocaching app & use your phone, if not have a look on ebay for a Garmin Etrex (the yellow one) its a basic unit but are very reliable, Ive just had a look on ebay & theres loads on there if you can one for less than £30 youre doing ok, as you can buy a brand new unit @ www.handtec.co.uk for £46.99.

Hope that helps Dan

WANTED: replacement parts for a Garmin Legend HCX!

Basically my Menu button has failed and works intermittently which is a bit useless. I'm looking for either a donor Garmin I can take the buttons from or, by sheer chance, anyone who has some spare buttons maybe from doing a similar repair.

All offers of help via main site message or here please.

Thanks Leigh, Hanleycachers.

WANTED: replacement parts for a Garmin Legend HCX!

Basically my Menu button has failed and works intermittently which is a bit useless. I'm looking for either a donor Garmin I can take the buttons from or, by sheer chance, anyone who has some spare buttons maybe from doing a similar repair.

All offers of help via main site message or here please.

Thanks Leigh, Hanleycachers.

I would try contacting Garmin they are very helpful and I have found they will repair quite cheaply (if they charge at all...

I'm new to geocaching and am looking in to a GPS. Unfortuantly they all seem to be considerably expensive.. What kind of price can I get away with in purchasing a second hand GPS which will do the job?

Thank you in advance.

You can get some units for next to nothing but they are usually cheap for a reason. What sort of budget do you have to work with?