A hiking we did go.....

Malemotives

Today it was time to get away from the bustle of urban noise and head for nature's retreat..... I found it at Sycamore Canyon Trailhead. Logged a number of finds, including number 50, on the 5 turn-around mile hike.

By far, my best find of the day was back in Urbania.... a tranquil little park that sat like an Island of quietude in the middle of chaos. GC15EB9. A cache that earlier in the week I logged a DNF. This time I became one with nature and absorbed all the sights and sounds offered by this CO. The peaceful serenity led me right to the cache... although, I don't think it's perch was exactly where it was intended, since this park has strict rules and getting to the cache required stepping on native flora. I gentle retrieved the whole cache and placed it where it could do no harm.... less than 10 feet from where it was. Upon opening the cache and seeing that it contained no more than a couple of ink pens and a few soggy index cards serving as logs. Why, I wondered, would somone enjoy all that this hunt offered and raid the cache of all it once had? So, I returned later with cleaning stuff and gave the cache a thorough make-over, leaving it clean and dry, with a new log book in a zip bag and tons of swag for kids to adults. I hope the next group of finders will be more respectful and put something in when they take something out. Future seekers should take it slow on this search, and enjoy the moment.

10259855_10152780720488401_6631192767369870726_n.jpg?oh=e508adf619ab3d504181a50eb5873bad&oe=556EF134

Edited by Malemotives