Leap Year Souvenir?

Pan314159

Hi

Has anyone heard anything about whether there will be a Leap Year profile souvenir for 29th Feb 2016?

That's about three months away, and I want to start getting stuff ready and booked for hosting an event that day.

Am I right in thinking that there have been profile souvenirs for the last two Leap Years?

Thanks.

:antenna::):D

and I want to start getting stuff ready and booked for hosting an event that day.

Why don't you host an event anyway, regardless of a souvenir?

I've hosted 16 events so far and plan to host many more.

The souvenir won't affect whether I host an event, but it will affect whether I host it that particular day or not. Hence why my post asked about the souvenir and not about event hosting.

Am I right in thinking that there have been profile souvenirs for the last two Leap Years?

There was one for Feb 29 2012.

There were no souvenirs in 2000, 2004, 2008. (IE, there really weren't souvenirs on the site at all...)

Souvenir for Feb 29, 2016 has not been announced as yet, as far as I know. Seems likely.

February 2000 would have been interesting given there were no geocaches hidden before May. :)

I can go either way personally.

My prize will be filling in my calendar grid...it'll be the last spot for me to fill.

That's what I told myself in 2012. Hee hee hee. I don't drive after dark, so I headed out at 7 AM for an LPC cache in a shopping center nearby. Not a great cache, but it did fill the 366 days found. Guess I might try it again for another souvenir. Guess that's what I save these LPCs in shopping centers for? Of course, that depends on whether I get the weekly notifications, or not. They seem sporadic.