Caching with an iPhone

Gill & Tony

I have a friend who has just joined as a premium member and wants to cache with an iPhone. Her only find so far is a 4.5/5 cache where she provided the ability to do the T5. She has not logged this yet.

I know nothing about caching with a phone so could someone please advise the best way for her to approach this.

How does she get caches into her phone, how does she log her finds etc. As far as I can tell her only find so far does not appear in the free app.

Thanks

Tony

No it wouldn't appear in the free Groundspeak app, as the D/T is not a beginners find, (which is what the app showed)

How to log it? Go to geocaching.com find, log in, find the cache page, and log the cache....(same way you would)

How to get caches to a phone? caches Pocket queries, or just select nearby caches. It uses Internet and the gps to figure out which ones are closest. So no downloading required. Or you can do an advanced search. Or you can be on wifi and search and save caches to oflfine list, and not have to worry about data connection.

Best way to cache with a phone? I'd say the paid app. Although come to think of it, a premium membership should show all caches on the free app. Can anybody confirm?

Edited by T.D.M.22

I have a friend who has just joined as a premium member and wants to cache with an iPhone. Her only find so far is a 4.5/5 cache where she provided the ability to do the T5. She has not logged this yet.

I know nothing about caching with a phone so could someone please advise the best way for her to approach this.

How does she get caches into her phone, how does she log her finds etc. As far as I can tell her only find so far does not appear in the free app.

Thanks

Tony

Get new caches into her phone:

She needs the Groundspeak geocaching app (I like that one) and all the caches in all the world will be right there.

How to log:

She can log from a computer or she can log from the above app while out caching.

Get new caches into her phone:

She needs the Groundspeak geocaching app (I like that one) and all the caches in all the world will be right there.

How to log:

She can log from a computer or she can log from the above app while out caching.

First part isn't true. It doesn't have to be an app from Groundspeak, there are third party apps that work just fine. Second if it's the free app from Groundspeak, and you're a basic member, no all the caches aren't available for you.