Geocaching at Burning Man

RuzNuz

I'll be attending Burning Man (again) this year, but there will be one major difference from previous years... I'm geocaching now, and not only that, attempting 365 days in a row. The Burn is about the only thing that may trip up my streak, but maybe... Just maybe if there are enough caching burners and there's at least one event every day of the burn (there are two already one on Friday and one on Sunday I believe) I may be able to make this happen... with your help! I know I could create my own events for every day but somehow that would feel like cheating.

I know there has to be at least a small group of people with passion for both Geocaching and Burning Man. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep looking for events to pop up on the map!

Rosie/RuzNuz/Chicken Little

Many many people attend their own events. The issue may be if you have an event daily from 9/25 to 9/28, the reviewer may view it as 'event stacking'.

Not from the West and Southwest, probably never posted here, just saw it as a new thread, and it sounded interesting. Event stacking is still enforced? How in the heck does the Dirtbag Geocaching Society, which isn't exactly revered by TPTB, get away with having an event every hour for 24 hours every year? :P

On the other hand, I thought there was clause in the guidelines (not a quote, but paraphrasing) that if an outside activity were to take place regardless of Geocaching, it can't be used as an event. Like I couldn't make a meet up at a Kiss/Def Leopard concert, for example, an event. :) I just threw them out there because they're on tour right now.

However, obviously two events are listed, and who knows for how many years there have been such events at/near burning man.