Garmin etrex30 - no caches found!

I cannot access geocaches downloaded onto my Garmin even though I have done it hundreds of times before...

I have tried to download a geocache from the geocaching.com website on to my garmin etrex30 and when I search for it under the geocaching icon on the garmin I just get the message " no geocaches found" I have checked that it has downloaded via the Garmin icon on the computer (the GC code appears on the GPX files list), I have tried downloading it again - and I get the "do you wish to overwrite message". Can anyone help please?

Best yet, combine the tips offered by sussamb and luvvinbird. Use a micro-SD card, create a folder Garmin and inside that a folder GPX. Then load you caches into the GPS folder. After doing so turn on the GPS at home and search for one of the caches that interests you. The GPS getting stuck happens very infrequently but can be very frustrating especially when it curtails a caching trip.

I have checked that it has downloaded via the Garmin icon on the computer (the GC code appears on the GPX files list)

While what the others above is the most likely cause (and it's happened to me more than once with my Etrex30), I find myself wondering how many GPX files you have put on the device? While the 30 will support 5000 geocaches it will only support 2000 GPX files so if you've got more than 2000 files on the device that could be your problem.

On 3/8/2015 at 7:16 PM, MartyBartfast said:

While what the others above is the most likely cause (and it's happened to me more than once with my Etrex30), I find myself wondering how many GPX files you have put on the device? While the 30 will support 5000 geocaches it will only support 2000 GPX files so if you've got more than 2000 files on the device that could be your problem.

I've never worked out the issue, but this is spot on! Thank you
BaseCamp sees the files are there, but GPSr doesn't
Removed all of the waypoints which I don't tend to use for caching anyway, & eTrex suddenly saw the caches again
I know this is an old thread, but I was looking for info today & I thought adding reply may be useful for others

• Upvote 2