Events - Order of logging

Harry Dolphin

I attended two events today. When I got back home to log them, I looked at the pages to seen who else attended. I then logged my 'attended'. My log is now twenty below the last person who logged before I did. What determines the order of the logs? Not the time logged?

Logs can get shuffled into the list in odd ways, sometimes appearing "before" earlier logs were made, at least for logs submitted on any given day. It's been like this for at least a few months, and there are some threads about the effect. It causes a strange-looking conversation when the logs are used as a kind of message center (as locals do in my area :ph34r:).

I wonder what happens if you delete a poorly positioned log and try submitting it again. But I'd suspect it would still cause random weird stuff, so I haven't tried it.

When this happened to me, my guess at what seemed consisted with what I saw was that people logging through an app had their logs timestamped when they logged them, but those of us that logged through the web site had our logs timestamped at "zero". In other words, I think logs filed through the website would appear first in the order they were filed -- which is what I swear was what used to happen for all logs until a month or 2 ago -- as if they were all logged at midnight, then any logs filed through an app appear after that according to the time they were logged.

I presented this supposition in another thread somewhere, but I got no comments confirming or denying that possibility.