Garmin with geocache attributes?

GeoLog81

I have Etrex 20 and what hurts me is the lack of attributes (I have set the GPX version to the newest, it didn't change anything). Well, it's mostly the fault of the lazy owners who often don't care to write that UV lamp or anything similar is needed, but because of lack of attributes I've many times went to cache that I've got no chance to take (skipping the others permanently).

Which versions of Garmin do support geocache attributes?

What file are you downloading. The GPX version does not have attributes in it but the later one does. Not sure if any Garmins actually support them. However a program like GSAK will put the attributes on your Garmin as a false first log.

You might try setting your GPX download to the later one and load it.

You need to make sure that you've selected GPX version 1.0.1 in your account details. They should then show the attributes on the eTrex.

I checked my account details and it does show GPX version 1.0.1 but no attributes appear in my eTrex 30. I haven't looked at my eTrex 20 but I assume it's the same. However, on my smartphone with the GS app, they're there.

You don't need GSAK. I use an Oregon 450 and it shows the attributes from my PQ's. I can't say whether the eTrex 20/30 will show the attributes but I'd be surprised if it didn't. So not sure why they don't show. I assume you are using a new PQ you've run AFTER you made the change to your account GPX setting?

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

You don't need GSAK. I use an Oregon 450 and it shows the attributes from my PQ's. I can't say whether the eTrex 20/30 will show the attributes but I'd be surprised if it didn't. So not sure why they don't show. I assume you are using a new PQ you've run AFTER you made the change to your account GPX setting?

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Geocaching Wiki

Geocaching.com Help Center

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website

Hi Chris. I, too, have an Oregon 450 and I just now sent a single cache to it via "Send to My GPS". There are no attributes with the cache description but now you've got me thinking. Perhaps with PQ's you get the full package, so to speak. I'm eager to try. Admittedly, I've been loading caches one by one lately and, to be honest, having the attributes available on the device was not a huge concern. But I'm anxious to satisfy my curiosity now. Regards.

We download our PQs to Gsak and then to our Etrex 20s. The attributes are all listed at the bottom of the cache description.

I do the exact same with my 62S but do not see attributes.

I don't see the attributes in the GSAK database but they're there somewhere.

Our etrex 20s also show the attributes when we download individual caches sent directly using Send to GPS. As I said above, the attributes show up at the end of the Cache description in the etrex but they are in writing, not icons as on the cache page.

We download our PQs to Gsak and then to our Etrex 20s. The attributes are all listed at the bottom of the cache description.

I do the exact same with my 62S but do not see attributes.

Our etrex 20s also show the attributes when we download individual caches sent directly using Send to GPS.

After reading this account, I re-checked my GPX version on my account page (1.0.1) and downloaded caches to both of my eTrex 20's via Send to GPS. I don't see any attributes anywhere.