how long can I hold on to a geocoin/trackable

hws1226

I'd put the TB back in play rather than keeping it more more than a week or two. Other people will be going to that state, too, sooner or later. And when it's time for your trip, you can look to see if the TB's still in the area and, if it is, pick it up again.

I would say if you continue to cache show the trackable as "visiting" when you log other caches you find to show its still in circulation.

Fortunately/unfortunately the Trackable owner is not notified of these visits. So don't claim that it shows it's still in circulation.

To OP, I picked up a Trackable to wants to visit many US States. I asked the Trackable owner about my upcoming trip to Maine. (End of the month.) She said that she would be delighted with the trip! So the TB will pick up three or four states and I will drop it off when I return.

I would say if you continue to cache show the trackable as "visiting" when you log other caches you find to show its still in circulation.

Fortunately/unfortunately the Trackable owner is not notified of these visits. So don't claim that it shows it's still in circulation.

Furthermore, visits are often done mechanically, even automatically, so even if the owner sees the visits, the visits don't actually say anything about where the trackable is or whether the person carrying it remembers they had it.