Add to List: Bookmark List in Alphabetical Order

kanchan

The list used to be in the alphabetical order, so I named my lists so the most frequently used one show up at the top of the list. Now it's no longer in alphabetical order. Even worse, there's no easy way to choose the list just with keyboard. It's quite inconvenient for someone like me who has trouble using mouse devices.

kanchan, if you open "add to list" in a new tab or window, it takes you to your bookmark list page, which still loads alphabetically.

I hope they never decide to rearrange that page by "most used" or "last used" - like you, I need to see 'em alphabetically to find the one I want.

I've already adapted to this (I'm mostly a mouse user, and "center click" opens in new tab). I don't know the keyboard command for "open in new tab/window" but if you're mostly keyboard user, perhaps you do.

Thanks, palmetto! Ctrl + Enter (or Ctrl + click) usually brings it in a new tab, but this one doesn't seem to work (in Google Chrome, at least). I seem to have to right-click and then select one of the pull down menus. Let's hope Project-GC's greasemonkey script will be enhanced to add link to a https://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/mark.aspx?guid=[GUID] in a coming release. They always save my life!

...and I'm so disappointed that I can only add it to lists, not delete it from lists, and even worse, I don't know which lists the caches are in. Yes, it shows something when the cache is added to the list I clicked, and then disappears, and I don't know which list(s) contain(s) the cache. Right, I wasn't able to do this in the old UI, but... Oh well.

If you have a wheel mouse, the middle click should also open a link in a new tab. Depending on your browser/drivers, that may be customizable too.

And yes, everywhere the API pulls the bookmark list it's no longer in alphabetical order by default, which is a huge annoyance for everywhere that displayed that list without the option to change the sort order. So all those places have a seemingly random list order (especially since the last-modified date, which is the sort order, isn't displayed).

That default sort order needs to change back to alphabetical.