Markdown ignores numbered list

Viajero Perdido

1. Markdown doesn't seem to do anything with numbered lists, as suggested in the pop-up window with formatting tips. For example this log has three short paragraphs, each preceded with "1. ", "2. ", etc., just as suggested. (I tried the auto-inserted "1. ", "1. ", etc. too, same result.)
  2. The resulting HTML has nothing other than a line-break code between the paragraphs, Looks a bit pessimal once it word-wraps. Compare that with this forum post, which formats things as you'd expect.
  3. I consider this low priority, but since nobody else seems to have mentioned it, I thought I'd better. (Please give higher priority to the lack of dates in your phone app, which affects the rest of us too. Nother story.)
  4. Or, you could just de-clutter your formatting help text by removing any pretense that you support numbered lists. I could live with that.
  5. Thank you.

Ding!

Of course, clearly documented on another site. How silly of me to miss that, being on the same internet and everything. (After all, I do claim to have "finished" the internet, but clearly I don't remember it all.)

Thanks for clarifying.

~~~

Say Groundspeak...

There's actually room in that popup help window to add:

(blank line)

where it would be oh-so-helpful.

Edited by Viajero Perdido