Garmin Legend etrex HCX - Won't turn on

TroyTrojan

Just to make sure that it isn't battery contacts, connect it to your computer via USB and see if it powers on that way.

No, it wouldn't power up with the usb cable either. I called Garmin yesterday and they were very helpful. They sent me a new one out overnight and I am supposed to receive it on Monday. This particular model has only been out a month. I was quite impressed with the customer service at Garmin.

Thanks for all your input. :o

I, too am having a problem with my new Legend HCx. I can't get it to power on, or turn on, at all. Not even a flicker. Only had the unit 5 days.

It happened really fast. I was putting in some custom poi's for a trip tomorrow (now canceled, darn it), turned it off, and went down to dinner. Came up from dinner, and went to turn it on -- and nothing, nada, nilch.

Called Garmin tech support, and tried his suggestions. (Hard reset -- 3rd button down left side , enter, and power.) nothing. Start Webupdater, and then hold 'up' and power, release power after 3 seconds, still holding up. Nothing.

He said he would send one out, and started taking my address. Got to the fact that I live in Canada. Oh, he said, in that case, contact RayTech (in Quebec) and you will have to send it there to get it fixed. No longer any mention of sending out a new one. Oh well.

I see that I am within the store return period, so I am going to try to exchange it for another one there. See how it goes, anyway. I thought about trying for a different unit, but I haven't found many others with this problem (which is hopeful) although there are some (which means at least it isn't likely my fault.) So, I am try another Legend HCx

Adam

Edited by adamsloco