Houston, we have a problem

I hid a geocache last night next to the bole of a tree, and piled a few sticks on it. I was worried that a muggle could get to it so this morning, I went out to put more sticks on the cache or put tree bark on it, but I couldn't find the tree I hid it. It's like the tree just disappeared. I've searched twice today for the tree. Not only that, but the coordinates glitched I guess, because it led me around 150 or so from where I hid the cache.

What should I do? before the review shows up...help me...fast!

As I said, its like the tree disappeared. One day it was there and the next its gone. When i went to the tree it took seconds to find. Now its taking mins/hours to find

It really doesn't matter how you hid it, but rather how you find it. Start at a spot you know it was near and methodically check each tree while expanding your search circle. You can even use some flagging tape to mark the trees you already checked. This will ensure your search is not biased by possible inaccuracies in your memory. Good luck.