Placing a Geo Cache

paticpatic

I have been placing caches around my area since there aren't many. I believe I found a perfect location for my next cache, but it falls in the red circle when creating a cache. Do the reviews look at the red circle as guidance or a hard Do Not Enter? I think I found cache closer than the red circle before so I thought I would ask? Thanks for your advice.

I have been placing caches around my area since there aren't many. I believe I found a perfect location for my next cache, but it falls in the red circle when creating a cache. Do the reviews look at the red circle as guidance or a hard Do Not Enter? I think I found cache closer than the red circle before so I thought I would ask? Thanks for your advice.

Nope, it can't be in the red circle (within 528 feet).

Thanks for the advice. I won't place my cache in the red circle and have to find a different place. It was a great place with easy access to Park and Grab.

Have you considered making it a multicache with virtual stages?

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

1.13. Saturation Guideline: Hidden, Virtual and Additional Waypoints

https://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=232

1.12. Understanding the Geocache Planning Map

https://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=464

Geocaching HQ has introduced a planning map to help make hiding your geocache easier. However, even if a spot is open on this map, it doesn't guarantee that spot is an open location for your cache.

Part of what makes geocaching fun is the variety of geocaches available. Some geocaches, such as traditionals, have a known location. That means you get the coordinates and you can see exactly where it is on a map. Others, such as multi-caches and puzzles, have "hidden" locations that are stages or final locations that you have to solve for. We don't want to spoil the fun of figuring out the puzzles or completing all of the multi-cache stages, which is why we don't include these hidden locations on the planning map.

The planning map also does not show "off limit" areas such as areas where landowners or land managers have forbidden geocaches to be hidden, special nature preserves, military installations, etc...

So what does the planning map show? You'll be able to see all known geocache and stage locations. Geocaches must be at least 0.1 miles (528ft or 161m) from the physical elements of any other geocache. You can use the planning map to avoid placing your geocache too close to known geocache locations. The map shows visible locations that are already taken by existing geocaches and stages, such as all traditional geocaches and known physical locations for multi-caches and other types. A physical stage is a waypoint that contains something placed by the geocache owner, like a container or a tag with the next set of coordinates.

The first step is to make sure your potential geocache location is not within a red circle. When you are satisfied that your geocache placement doesn't overlap with any known geocache locations, you can place your geocache and submit it for review. A community volunteer reviewer will be able to test against all geocache proximities (including hidden waypoints) and is familiar with any off-limit areas for geocaches.

B.