Google Earth- Pro Or Regular

I was thinking of downloading Google Earth to make my geocache coordinates more precise, but I just can't seem to decide which version to chose. What do you think? Should I download the regular version of Google Earth, or should I download Google Earth Pro?

You must visit the cache location and obtain the coordinates with a GPS device. GPS usage is an integral and essential element of both hiding and seeking caches and must be demonstrated for all cache submissions. Projecting waypoints from a specific location already defined by set of coordinates is permissible. For geocaches that include additional waypoints see the guidelines specific to those cache types.

What exactly are you using the Google Earth coordinates for?

I was thinking of downloading Google Earth to make my geocache coordinates more precise

Hey wait, whoa!

I have to emphasize this. Satellite imagery is NOT as precise as GPS readings. Some places, maybe; other places, definitely not. So never use satellite images to set or tweak a cache's coords. Please.

It's great, however, for verifying you didn't do a major typo when hand-entering those coords.

I was thinking of downloading Google Earth to make my geocache coordinates more precise

Hey wait, whoa!

I have to emphasize this. Satellite imagery is NOT as precise as GPS readings. Some places, maybe; other places, definitely not. So never use satellite images to set or tweak a cache's coords. Please.

It's great, however, for verifying you didn't do a major typo when hand-entering those coords.

AMEN and a BIG 10-4

Hey wait, whoa!

+∞

Edit to add: Also, be aware that if you're caught doing what you propose, your cache will be archived. Trust me, I've seen it happen. Just don't do it.

Edited by The A-Team

Hey wait, whoa!

THIS.. RIGHT.. HERE.. listen to this guy.

BTW, anyone using Garmin's old MapSource tool, if you click View in Google Earth, it does NOT work with the pro version. You have to use the standard version.