Transferring from GSAK to bookmark list

Explorerphenom

In GSAK I did a search for anything with 'park' in the name. Then I filtered that sub list with only the caches I wanted. My question is how do I transfer my filter to my bookmark list. I already have the macro 'bookmarkfilter' but it sends the whole search list to my bookmark list instead of only the filters I requested.

In GSAK I did a search for anything with 'park' in the name. Then I filtered that sub list with only the caches I wanted. My question is how do I transfer my filter to my bookmark list. I already have the macro 'bookmarkfilter' but it sends the whole search list to my bookmark list instead of only the filters I requested.

No need for a macro.

Menu item geocaching.com >> Add to bookmark list >> choose the list >> OK ... Done

You will have to create the list on the website first as this can not be done from within GSAK.

Curious on why you want them in a bookmark list. If it is for qualifying for a Challenge I usually just make a snippet (screen grab) of the GSAK file and post the image in the log.

What I do is create a separate database I call qualifiers.

I then make a pq of the caches called "parks" and dump them in the new database. Then I delete the ones that don't qualify. Then you are left with what you need. That way when you do the snippet it will show the GC code, type of cache, Name of cache and the date found by you and anything else you may need to show.

Edited by jellis

Curious on why you want them in a bookmark list. If it is for qualifying for a Challenge I usually just make a snippet (screen grab) of the GSAK file and post the image in the log.

One of the reasons may be to make a PQ of the bookmark list.

One of the reasons may be to make a PQ of the bookmark list.

Which would only update the caches on the bookmark list. The same thing can be done in GSAK directly using the "Refresh cache data..." command.

Which would only update the caches on the bookmark list. The same thing can be done in GSAK directly using the "Refresh cache data..." command.

Of course. But the TS doesn't have to justify why he wants to do it, he's just asking how to do it. :ph34r:

I have a few bookmarklists and made them into PQ's. Not to run them but for a quick glance on the map when choosing PQs instead of running a filter and using the split screen map in GSAK.

Thanks for your answers. I transfer it to a bookmark list so I can make a PQ which I d/l to my GPS. I still don't know if the macro can do a filter but I will do it the way On4bam does it.

You can filter in GSAK and then save it for later use without the need of re-entering all values. That way you can filter bij just using the dropdown and selecting the filter you want.

Of course. But the TS doesn't have to justify why he wants to do it, he's just asking how to do it. :ph34r:

I have a few bookmarklists and made them into PQ's. Not to run them but for a quick glance on the map when choosing PQs instead of running a filter and using the split screen map in GSAK.

I only said I was curious. Cause what he posted sounds like they are listing qualifiers for a challenge. Some Challenges were written up a long time ago asking for bookmark lists to show proof and may not realize there is an easier way to show qualifiers without having to list a bookmark list.