HTML tags showing on Garmin

We have 2 garmin's a 62s and a Oregon 300. It seems like lately (maybe it's always done it), when we read a cache description that is downloaded from GC.com, all the HTML tags are showing. Is there some setting that we can do to have them not show?

We have 2 garmin's a 62s and a Oregon 300. It seems like lately (maybe it's always done it), when we read a cache description that is downloaded from GC.com, all the HTML tags are showing. Is there some setting that we can do to have them not show?

You didn't say how you get the "cache description" nor how you place it on your GPSr, nor when this started. But if you're using the "Send to My GPS" button on the cache page, there's your problem :anicute:. That GPX file arrives with some extra HTML tags. Garmin GPSrs have a leetle trouble with the files that arrive through "Send to My GPS".

I tried it just now and the "Send to My GPS" button causes HTML code to show. The GPSr (mine is an Oregon 650, and the 550 seems to do the same) seems capable of stripping the code from files that I got from the "GPX File" button and a Pocket Query (although the Pocket Query is 3 days old, so I'm testing a fresh one).

Delete the old files, save a "GPX file" or Pocket Query and load them instead of using the "Send to My GPS" button, see if that helps. But beware of a clean cache description that had an "IMG" tag (for example), since now you may not know that there may be important hints missing!

Edited by kunarion