Can I get an exception for a "red circle"

gariac

I have a cache that uses a Near Field Communication tag. The coordicates of the physical geocache are read from the NFC tag. The tag is screwed into an old fence post.

How do I get an exemption for the saturation since nobody will mistake my NFC tag for whatever geocaches are in the area.

It is a fence post by an abandoned shack. The fact the area is loaded with caches pretty much seals that nobody cares about the location. There is USAF trash in the area [old radar reflectors].

I guess I'll move it since I haven't got a reply from a reviewer. The first time I submitted it, there was no restriction, but the cache post never showed up and I received no message regarding rejection.

It is a fence post by an abandoned shack. The fact the area is loaded with caches pretty much seals that nobody cares about the location. There is USAF trash in the area [old radar reflectors].

I guess I'll move it since I haven't got a reply from a reviewer. The first time I submitted it, there was no restriction, but the cache post never showed up and I received no message regarding rejection.

I see the cache you wrote up, but it doesn't look like you actually ever submitted it for review, which would explain why you never got a message from a reviewer.

But regardless, the proximity guideline is for all physical stages of all caches. This guideline is in place to prevent over saturation of geocaches, and confusing one cache with another really doesn't come into play.

If you submitted the cache successfully for review, you would get an email from Groundspeak.

Help Center → Hiding a Geocache → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

1.4. My geocache has not been reviewed

If you've successfully submitted a geocache for review, and have read the email from noreply@geocaching.com, you know that geocache listings are reviewed by community volunteer reviewers.

If your enabled listing is not reviewed within seven days after receiving the "Geocache Report Submitted" email, please make sure your geocache listing has been submitted and enabled.

Submitted, unpublished geocaches can be seen on your profile page. If a geocache appears under "Your Unpublished Disabled Geocaches", you will need to go to the geocache page and enable the listing.

If the geocache does not appear on either list, there may have been an issue with the submission process, and you will want to submit the geocache listing again.

If the geocache does not appear on either list, there may have been an issue with the submission process, and you will want to submit the geocache listing again.

It is also possible that the geocache was reviewed, determined to be not publishable and archived by the reviewer. If this happens, you will receive an email alert.

For submitted, enabled geocaches that have been awaiting review for more than seven days, please contact the local reviewer through their profile page. Be sure to include the GC code in your message.

Note: It is a good idea to verify that you can receive from noreply@geocaching.com (sometimes this email is caught by your Spam filter; if so, you can update your Spam settings). To see what email address is associated with your account, visit Your Account Details, under Your Validated E-Mail Addresses http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

The reviewers have been authorized by Geocaching HQ to give consdiderable latitude to cache saturation concerns for Chirps, NFC or other cache elements using the "Beacon" attribute. So, you could enter into a dialogue with your reviewer about that. To do so, however, you'd need to submit your cache for review. If we're talking about the same cache you wrote up a year ago but never submitted, it's unclear whether the reviewer would grant an exception. The next closest cache is nearly 8 miles away, but the spot you selected is around 200 feet away from an existing traditional cache? I'm not sure that "latitude" would be liberal enough at this spot vs. a crowded urban park. The landscape is literally a ghost town -- is there not another spot nearby that doesn't crowd the existing cache's attempt to feature this area?

c5c3b816-cc2f-4632-a987-e2fba80a6b92.jpg