Seeking donations for a winter Event

Laval K-9

Each year, in February, a group of us host a winter Event named Avalanche in the province of Quebec, Canada.

avalanche2015.jpg

This year's edition will be held on Saturday February 21st. We will be celebrationg a milestone, our 10th Anniversary. We are moving to a new venue this year, a very nice regional park in Mirabel, just a few miles from Montreal. All kind of fun activities will take place on the site such as snowshoeing, walking trails, sledding, cross-country skiing, ice skating on a torch-lit path and, of course geocaching too :D

With already 268 Will Attend, we expect this Event to be a huge success. With that in mind, we would like to give as much door prizes as we can.

So, if anyone is interested to donate a geocoin or geocaching related items, it would really be appreciated. Just send me a message and I'll get back to you.

And, why not come over for a visit? We would be happy to welcome you all for the day. It may be very cold but it will be fun. And yes, we do speak French but, the majority of us also speak English ;)

Thanks!

GeocacheAlaska! may be interested in sending a geobling package. How will donors be acknowledged at the event?

~Ladybug Kids

Treasurer GeocacheAlaska!

I always have the name of each donor on each package we give away and mention them when we have the raffle . Some of the winners even take the time to send a little thank you message. When we have the opportunity we also take some pictures of the winners :D

GeocacheAlaska! may be interested in sending a geobling package. How will donors be acknowledged at the event?

~Ladybug Kids

I always have the name of each donor on each package we give away and mention them when we have the raffle . Some of the winners even take the time to send a little thank you message. When we have the opportunity we also take some pictures of the winners :D

Thank you. I have made a proposal to our Board of Directors.

~Ladybug Kids

Thank you. I have made a proposal to our Board of Directors.

Great! Keeping my fingers crossed :D

Each year, in February, a group of us host a winter Event named Avalanche in the province of Quebec, Canada.

avalanche2015.jpg

This year's edition will be held on Saturday February 21st. ...

Thanks!

cool, enough time to send! you think - to canada? i've not had good luck shipping to canada.

I'm sure you'll have better luck this time :anicute:

On the way today ... hope you have a successful event !!

The coins arrived today. A big thanks Roy for 2 very nice coins :)

Thanks for the update Claire. Glad they arrived in plenty of time !!

I'll be soaking up some sunshine during your event ... :lol:

Are you going to wear your high-heel snowshoes this year ... ?? ... ;)

Yes Roy! And I will also try my new high-heel skates for the first time :laughing:

Yes Roy! And I will also try my new high-heel skates for the first time :laughing:

Your new ones ... ???

4a899f1d-1091-4fa0-8d36-f41fd77d7a22_l.jpg

or last year's more conservative pair ... B)

ef57f872-6758-438f-92a5-5ec6dd87e090_l.jpg

:D

Even with frozen fingers, we took the time to take some pictures of the winners of the geocoins donated for the Event :rolleyes:

Winners of the geocoins sent by kini_ont

SAM_5840_1.jpg

SAM_5846_1.jpg

SAM_5848_1.jpg

Winners of the geocoins sent by nevadanick

SAM_5842_1.jpg

SAM_5843_1.jpg

Winners of the geocoins sent by drneal

SAM_5844_1.jpg

SAM_5845_1.jpg

Winner of the geocoin sent by RedShoesGirl

SAM_5841_1.jpg

Winner of the geocoin sent by TeamEccs21

SAM_5847_1.jpg

Winner of the geocoin sent by Laval K-9

SAM_5839_1.jpg

Thanks for your donations, you made many people very happy :wub:

The Event was a huge success. We had 409 attendees and the weather was perfect with a few flurries in the afternoon.

You are all invited for next year 11th edition of Avalanche :D

I am on the picture, right besides the snowman (the one in the front row). I'm wearing a light blue coat and sitting on the snowy frozen ground :unsure:

Avanche2015.jpg

Very nice gathering ... SOooo close to a Mega ...

Thanks for the pics, really appreciate that !! ... :D

We were here sitting on the sand dunes drinking marqueritas watching you folks bury your butts in the snow banks. :lol:

Next year? Maybe ... you just never know. We drove to So Dakota 2 years ago for a Chili and BBQ event. Can I borrow your fur-topped ice heels ??

The Event was a huge success. We had 409 attendees and the weather was perfect with a few flurries in the afternoon.

I am on the picture, right besides the snowman (the one in the front row). I'm wearing a light blue coat and sitting on the snowy frozen ground :unsure:

Avanche2015.jpg

409 people! WOW that's awesome. And you all looked very cold! :yikes:

Very nice gathering ... SOooo close to a Mega ...

Thanks for the pics, really appreciate that !! ... :D

We were here sitting on the sand dunes drinking marqueritas watching you folks bury your butts in the snow banks. :lol:

Next year? Maybe ... you just never know. We drove to So Dakota 2 years ago for a Chili and BBQ event. Can I borrow your fur-topped ice heels ??

Sure, anytime. I would like to see you on the skating rink :o

Avanche2015.jpg

409 people! WOW that's awesome. And you all looked very cold! :yikes:

It was around 10 F so you had to be dressed accordingly or else... :cry:

The activities took place in the building you see in the back. Walls were only heavy tarps and some heaters were placed around the room. It was almost as cold inside as it was outside :mellow: As long as you were moving you were ok. My husband's feet were frozen all day long so he was very happy when we got home and put some warm socks on :rolleyes:

It was probably best to have cold weather instead of warmer temps and rain B)

Unfortunately, as one of the association's administrators, I was excluded from the drawing of door prizes. To bad, I would love to win some of these coins...

If this had been known before the event, I would have been happy to send a coin to be raffled to ONLY admin staff ... :)

Next year, maybe Claire could mention this again and a coin donor just 'might' designate one to be raffled to ONLY the staff ... B)