Is there interest in another mathtrade?

yanagi

I've seen these happen a few times... I'm not clear what a "mathtrade" is.

I get that all put coins in and then there's a big group trade, but how do you know which of your coins people might want? Who decides which person gets which coin, if more than one person in the group wants it?

I'd like to take part if possible though.

:)

I get that all put coins in and then there's a big group trade, but how do you know which of your coins people might want? Who decides which person gets which coin, if more than one person in the group wants it?

In simplest terms a mathtrade allows you to trade coins with people who have coins to trade, but may not want your specific coins.

In a normal 2 person trade you each have to be willing to trade for what the other person has. A gives a coin to B, B gives a coin to A. If B doesn't have anything A wants, then they both are out of luck.

In a mathtrade A gives to B who gives to C who gives to A. Everybody gets a coin they want, even though the person they gave a coin to may not be the person who gave them a coin to complete the trade.

Everybody posts the coins they have for trade, and from that list they pick the coins they want (for each coin you want to trade you pick from the list of available coins which coins you would be willing to accept in trade for your coin). The mathtrade computer program then matches up the requests and arranges the trade. The trade chain for a particular coin may have a dozen or more people in it.

Bottom line: You trade your coins, and get only the coins you want for them.

I'd like to be in, but if the process starts in March it may be too early for me; I don't get home until April.

In simplest terms a mathtrade allows you to trade coins with people who have coins to trade, but may not want your specific coins.

In a normal 2 person trade you each have to be willing to trade for what the other person has. A gives a coin to B, B gives a coin to A. If B doesn't have anything A wants, then they both are out of luck.

In a mathtrade A gives to B who gives to C who gives to A. Everybody gets a coin they want, even though the person they gave a coin to may not be the person who gave them a coin to complete the trade.

Everybody posts the coins they have for trade, and from that list they pick the coins they want (for each coin you want to trade you pick from the list of available coins which coins you would be willing to accept in trade for your coin). The mathtrade computer program then matches up the requests and arranges the trade. The trade chain for a particular coin may have a dozen or more people in it.

Bottom line: You trade your coins, and get only the coins you want for them.

I'd like to be in, but if the process starts in March it may be too early for me; I don't get home until April.

Thanks for explaining. :)

Wow, 37 participants so far. That is indeed enough interest :lol: I will prepare everything and start a new thread when everything is finished. So get your traders ready!

Let us know in this thread when you will start the new one :) I don't come that often on the forum, except to take care of my missions, so I don't want to miss anything :rolleyes:

Wow, 37 participants so far. That is indeed enough interest :lol: I will prepare everything and start a new thread when everything is finished. So get your traders ready!

Let us know in this thread when you will start the new one :) I don't come that often on the forum, except to take care of my missions, so I don't want to miss anything :rolleyes:

Just ask the mod'd to change the topic that way it will stay right here :)

Ted, you are so smart :)

There are more reasons than mathtrades and missions to be here Claire ...

Just think of this as another 'page' you have to check each day ... we are worth the effort !!

Besides, we love seeing you here in the Forums ... :)

Yes, I could do that, but I think it would be good to have an explanation of the mathtrade and the time schedule as the first post so nobody has to search for it. So I hope it is ok to start a new thread and announce it here.

By the way, I hope it is ok for you, Chuck, when I use all the explanations, that you wrote in earlier mathtrades?!

There are more reasons than mathtrades and missions to be here Claire ...

Just think of this as another 'page' you have to check each day ... we are worth the effort !!

Besides, we love seeing you here in the Forums ... :)

That's very nice of you to say that Roy :D I try to come here as often as I can but, it seems I don't have enough free time to do so on a regular basis :rolleyes:

Yes, I could do that, but I think it would be good to have an explanation of the mathtrade and the time schedule as the first post so nobody has to search for it. So I hope it is ok to start a new thread and announce it here.

By the way, I hope it is ok for you, Chuck, when I use all the explanations, that you wrote in earlier mathtrades?!

Thumbs up on 'new thread' ... :rolleyes: