Virtual Technology Events

Desertal

See the logging of Event Caches section of the listing guidelines

Any Event Cache (including Mega, Giga and CITO Events) can be logged online if the geocacher has attended the event. Event Cache owners can request that cachers sign a logbook, but this is optional and cannot be a requirement for logging an Event Cache.

Generally this is interpreted to mean, PHYSICALLY attended the event. (When you read the requirements for Mega and Giga events, that "attended" means physically attended, is clear).

In some very far flung places (Alaska USA is one I'm sure of) video/remote attendance was given the okay by Geocaching.com staff for some events early on in Geocaching.

I have seen it done elsewhere by people who assumed it was okay. Generally, it's not well received. It's akin to using Google maps, or online research to "find" a virtual. (It can/will attract those who simply claim attended for the stat, making no actual effort to attend by any means. Nothing much you can do about them.)

That said, I'd ask your reviewer about it.