caching using distance alone

cejamison4

A couple of years ago while geocaching, I ran into a cache that was with in a cole of yards of a geocache that was listed on geocaching.com. I had actually signed both logs and went to the site listed for the other and logged it. but wanted to revisit that caching site. just wanted to know if any one knows of that other site o if it has even gone defunct! It is along the lines of geocaching but instead of using a GPS you have to travel x amount of distance/feet/miles from a landmark to reach the cache. if any one could tell me the name of the site, I would greatly appreciate it.

A couple of years ago while geocaching, I ran into a cache that was with in a cole of yards of a geocache that was listed on geocaching.com. I had actually signed both logs and went to the site listed for the other and logged it. but wanted to revisit that caching site. just wanted to know if any one knows of that other site o if it has even gone defunct! It is along the lines of geocaching but instead of using a GPS you have to travel x amount of distance/feet/miles from a landmark to reach the cache. if any one could tell me the name of the site, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like "Letterboxing"; not really geocaching, but I have run into them by chance while seeking a nearby cache. They use paces from known landmarks, etc.

Sounds like "Letterboxing"; not really geocaching, but I have run into them by chance while seeking a nearby cache. They use paces from known landmarks, etc.

No Stamp or ink pad were in the container. (have done the letterbox in geocaching)

Edited by cejamison4