Sticker logo

Ry Dawg

I'm curious. I have had a vinyl sticker made with a tracking number. I plan to use it mostly to be discovered not actually travel, such as events etc. I am torn between a decal on my truck, or on the back of my phone. I almost always have my phone with me, so it could get more activity. However, I feel like discovering a pickup would be more enjoyable for others to discover.

My question is for feedback:

On which would you be more willing to throw down a discovered log?

The most common way I discover personal Trackables is at cache events, taking pictures of decals on cars so I can log them later (also usually another picture of the car with no tracking number in view, for the log). Other people at events do log cars. I rarely ask a cacher if they have a personal Trackable for me to log, if I don't see it. I sometimes log Trackable shirts or whatever, when it's easy to tell they're Trackable.

But I have logged especially creative personal Trackables, as well. A couple of cachers wear a Garmin Chirp that transmits the tracking number.

So if the back of your phone is very cool, and if I find out at an event that you are the person with the amazing back of a phone, and you keep it in view, it's possible that I would log it.

Edited by kunarion

Like kunarion, I don't ask people for trackable info at events, I only photograph trackables displayed in view for later logging. In my opinion, I would go with the vehicle decal, I think you would get more discovers.

As for vehicle decals, my daughter-in-law went a little overboard for the decal she got me. See this link for the decal on my vehicle.

Skye.

Like kunarion, I don't ask people for trackable info at events, I only photograph trackables displayed in view for later logging. In my opinion, I would go with the vehicle decal, I think you would get more discovers.

As for vehicle decals, my daughter-in-law went a little overboard for the decal she got me. See this link for the decal on my vehicle.

Skye.

That. Is. Awesome. I want one on my future Airstream.

I'm curious. I have had a vinyl sticker made with a tracking number. I plan to use it mostly to be discovered not actually travel, such as events etc. I am torn between a decal on my truck, or on the back of my phone. I almost always have my phone with me, so it could get more activity. However, I feel like discovering a pickup would be more enjoyable for others to discover.

I'd discover either, so do both!

Having said that, although admittedly exceedingly rare, one of my absolute favorite discoveries was the tagged vehicle I was behind by chance while driving back to work one afternoon. Grabbing vehicles in the parking lot during an event is fine and all, and catching one by chance in a parking lot when heading out for a hike is OK, but nothing beats bagging one in the wild.

I'd discover either, so do both!

Having said that, although admittedly exceedingly rare, one of my absolute favorite discoveries was the tagged vehicle I was behind by chance while driving back to work one afternoon. Grabbing vehicles in the parking lot during an event is fine and all, and catching one by chance in a parking lot when heading out for a hike is OK, but nothing beats bagging one in the wild.

That's exactly why I like my vehicle TB so much. It is very easy to read from a distance. I have had several logs on it from people that saw me going by on the freeway.

On the other hand, when I was parking at the Block Party, I had someone come up and ask why I didn't have a travel bug on my vehicle. I asked them to step back twenty feet and look again.

My next TB is going to be 20 feet long. I'm going to paint it on my carhauler flatbed trailer. I will allow discoveries via Google Earth.