Archived cache without an archiving log?

I've seen it around. The cache was archived, either by the cache owner or by a reviewer. The owner then deleted the archive log for some reason.

This particular cache is apparently (well, allegedly) still there and getting found, even though it would no longer show up on the map.

It seems to me that for some types of logs, deletion should not be allowed, and this is one. The archive log changes the "status" of the cache (to archived). By deleting the log, if I stumble upon this listing as a cacher, I have no idea when it was archived, or why (if why was explained). I know reviewers can still see the logs, logs themselves are archived rather than deleted.. but still.

If a Reviewer archives a cache, the log is undeleteable. That means, as was the case here, that the cache owner archived their cache and then deleted their own log.

I agree with redsox mark -- all "status" log types should be undeleteable (except perhaps by a Reviewer or HQ).

The content of the archive log here: ;(

I'm not sure what a winking frownie is supposed to mean.

It seems to me that for some types of logs, deletion should not be allowed, and this is one. The archive log changes the "status" of the cache (to archived). By deleting the log, if I stumble upon this listing as a cacher, I have no idea when it was archived, or why (if why was explained). I know reviewers can still see the logs, logs themselves are archived rather than deleted.. but still.

At first I thought it might be a mistake by the CO. But here are two more:

https://coord.info/GC4G7E1

https://coord.info/GC4G7EB

I agree, and I'd add NA placed by others too. :)

Don't know why one would think they're hiding that...