Garmin 62s - reposition feature scrambles the data fields

L0ne.R

I sent in my 2 year old 62s for a refurbished model and have had the refurb for 6 days. Yesterday I used the Reposition Here feature to get more accurate coords while hiding a cache. When I selected Reposition Here the data field section of the screen scrambled. I tried Reposition Here again and this time it scrambled differently. Has this happened to anyone. Should I be concerned? The same thing happened to my 2 year old 62s, when it was about a 1 year old. See my photos:

Reposition+Here+scrambled+data+field.jpg

2nd time I tried the Reposition Here function, the scrambled area split into 2 parts:

Reposition+Here+scrambled+data+field+2nd+try.jpg

I use Reposition all the time on my 62s and 62sc and have Never seen this issue. Something is amiss. I go to Waypoint Manager, select the waypoint concerned, and select Reposition Here and it takes me back to the screen you show but with the icon and name I had assigned intact. Maybe try to update the firmware using WebUpdater even if it is the current version.

hi all

I missing same thing

Can't Find the Reposition feature. on my 62S (ver 5.40)

want step do you do to get to the Reposition feature ?

Mark a waypoint. Select it. Press the Menu button. Choose Reposition Here. It's on the same screen as the Average Location option.

Maybe try to update the firmware using WebUpdater even if it is the current version.

You were right about updating the firmware. I contacted Garmin who said it was likely a corrupt file and provided me with instruction on how to perform a software update using WebUpdater. WebUpdater was a tough download and at one point it didn't look like it was going to install for me but after a few tries it worked. I've used the 'Reposition Here' feature a few times in the last couple of days with no scrambling. :)