Enable/disable maps on 62sc

Jeep500

Hi,

I have download a France map from openstreetmap Website into basecamp then in my gpsmap 62sc. Basecamp confirm the map is in the Gps in fact it appears on the "change map " section in the device Then if I want to see France map on the device it does not come up on the screen. I have diseable all other maps still does not come up. Is the map will show up only when I will be in France?

Please help I will be leaving for France next week and I would like to have the map cor Geocaching.

Thanks!

When you say it 'appears on the change map section of the device' is that the screen you get to when you select Setup, Map, Select Map? If so and if it's selected without any other map being selected it should work. What makes you say the map 'still does not come up'?

Have you panned the screen across to France to check? Or tried searching for towns/POIs on the map and then viewing them on screen?

It won't as a matter of course display the map as the GPS will still be centered where you are.

Thanks for clarifying ,

I just tried a search by using the city names in France but the France map never came up on the screen. When I enable France map only in the device I have a white page with the North and direction arrows. I learned how to download openstreetmaps from Jim Cyr on Youtube 9minutes video. At the end of the video he shows the difference between and old one from the new one and the map came up on the as soon he enabled it. Perhaps he was in the same area than the map trigerred .

Again thanks from your help

Jeep500

Then if I want to see France map on the device it does not come up on the screen. I have diseable all other maps still does not come up. Is the map will show up only when I will be in France?

Please help I will be leaving for France next week and I would like to have the map cor Geocaching.

Quite simple, unlike BaseCamp, which center on the map, your GPS centers on your current location. So unless you're in France you won't see the map. Your GPS should have a base maps, use it to scroll to France, then you'll see your France map on top of the base map.

Let's assume you're in NYC, then you'll need to scroll across the Atlantic to see France.

Then if I want to see France map on the device it does not come up on the screen. I have diseable all other maps still does not come up. Is the map will show up only when I will be in France?

Quite simple, unlike BaseCamp, which center on the map, your GPS centers on your current location. So unless you're in France you won't see the map. Your GPS should have a base maps, use it to scroll to France, then you'll see your France map on top of the base map.

Let's assume you're in NYC, then you'll need to scroll across the Atlantic to see France.

Thanks everyone really appreciate your help, I believe I have enough memory space Mapinstall is telling me I still have 1.7g free.

I cross my fingers that will work in France , I will confirm to you guys if GPS will center my position.