Uploaded PQ to 64st

We just bought a new Garmin GPSMAP64st and we're trying to learn how to upload pocket queries. We figured out how to load a PQ file to BaseCamp and then upload to the unit, but it doesn't show which of the caches have been found, either on the unit or in BaseCamp. And yes, the PQ does show the found caches when previewed in Geocaching.com. We've also loaded PQs directly onto the unit, but it still doesn't show the found information.

I know the information for found caches is in the gpx file, is there a setting either in BaseCamp or on the 64st that needs to be changed to allow that info to populate?

I was in the same boat and know the answer. I emailed Garmin tech support and got the answer so I'm happy to share it.

By factory default, the GPSMAP 64-series units do not show found geocaches on the map, but this can be changed with a few short steps:

*On the Map page, press the MENU button.

*Select Geocache Filter.

*Select Quick Filter.

*Select Status (it will show Unattempted, Did No).

*Select Found. There should now be green checks next to each selection.

*Press the QUIT button once.

*Select Apply Filter.

The map should now be showing will all of your geocaches on the map. Found geocaches will appear as open chests on the map.

Thanks for this tip - very helpful! Is there any way I can "teach" the 64st what caches I found before I got it? I only have about 150 finds from my phone-only caching days, but I'd like for the Garmin to be aware of them if possible. Thanks!

You could load your "found" pocket query.

I use GSAK to load my various GPS devices (they multiply like rabbits it seems).

One of the options I use is to load my found and placed caches as POI's.

That way they are on the GPS, but do not take up a lot of room on the device.