Found GPS 8th November

V1rgie

lots of :) :) :) for trying so hard to help.

If you know the way around the GPS you could probably find which caches the owner recently found, and by looking at the logs on those cache pages you may be able to narrow it down to a few individuals.

FYI caches are identified by a code begining GC, so something like GC123ABC , you can then view that cache by going to http://coord.info/GC123ABC and look at the recent logs.

(not mine, I'm ~700 miles away !)

Unfortunately no geocaches and GPS is set up for recreational use so maybe geocaching lanyard was a red herring. No name and address either so drawn a blank. Thanks all for your help. Planning on giving the gps to local mountain rescue. Hopefully they will find the owner but if not it will go to a good home ??

Perhaps you could give slightly more specific information as to where you found it. For instance, I don't do Facebook, but I might have a better idea of who might be caching in an area of Northern Scotland than someone say living down in the South East. Not definitely, but possibly, given I live in what they call Southern Scotland. Anyone who wishes to claim it would still need to identify which type, colour, etc., it is.