Would you buy a garmin "white box" or NOH product?

rob.marsh

Hi all,

I am looking at upgrading my GPS unit, as the one I am using, whilst it does the job is dated now.

I really like the look of the Garmin 60CSx, it gets great reviews and ticks all the boxes. I'm not too worried about maps, as I plan to continue using Open streetmap.

The thing is, brand new it is very expensive (its good kit!). I have seen some good prices for Garmin NOH versions Basically Garmin return/refurb jobs. What are peoples opinions on these? Are they a baragain or steer clear job?

Thanks in Advance!

Rob

PS thanks for eveyone's help and patience so far, I have asked a fair few noob Q's!

Edited by rob.marsh

Hi all,

I am looking at upgrading my GPS unit, as the one I am using, whilst it does the job is dated now.

I really like the look of the Garmin 60CSx, it gets great reviews and ticks all the boxes. I'm not too worried about maps, as I plan to continue using Open streetmap.

The thing is, brand new it is very expensive (its good kit!). I have seen some good prices for Garmin NOH versions Basically Garmin return/refurb jobs. What are peoples opinions on these? Are they a baragain or steer clear job?

Thanks in Advance!

Rob

PS thanks for eveyone's help and patience so far, I have asked a fair few noob Q's!

The 60CSx is a great bit of kit.. I have one and a Colorado, and in my opinion, the 60CSx is a better GPS, but lacks the bells and whistles of the Colorado.

I know Handtec do a load of NOH (white box) kit, and I am sure you would be getting a bargain.. Just check you get a proper manufacturers warranty first. Then if it goes tits up, you will get the usual great customer service that Garmin have shown in the past.