Writing caches to eTRex 10 after Windows 10 migration

I fear that I'm not the first person to ask this one, so my apologies if that's so, but this forum is so huge I can't find the answer.

I recently migrated my PC to Windows 10 and am now having problems storing GPX files on my eTrex 10 (it was working properly before migration).

I am opening the Groundspeak website in Explorer and have the up to date Garmin plugin. I am attempting to download files from the map (local to where I live). Initially all appears to be working properly. I click on the cache symbol I want to download and the little popup window for the cache appears on screen. I then hit the "send to GPS" button. Another popup appears telling me that my eTrex 10 has been located and I then click on the "write" button. However at this point , instead of writing the file onto my GPS as it used to do the popup simply displays the destination location of the GPX file (e.g.F:/Garmin/gpx/GC5PMTV.GPX). The download does not take place.

I'm guessing that this is a settings issue, but I'm at a loss as to what to do. Can anyone help, please?

Many thanks. I'm grateful. It's a bit more long-winded, but I'm delighted that it works.

Do you know if they will be replacing the plug-in? It seems daft for them to leave it the way it is.

Probably not as it's all about security risks. The plugin is actually software that accesses your computer and drives. It' won't take much to let it do a little more (like installing malware). That's the reason browsers are not allowing this plugin anymore.