New caches

cthoel

That seems to be about the right sort of timescale according to the message you get when you submit a listing. I think it does say that the reviewer will endeavour start to look at it within 7 days, so I don't think Groundspeak insist on it being especially quicker than that. If there are issues with the listing, it could take longer. Don't forget the reviewers are volunteers after all, so do have other things to do. If your cache is published more quickly than 7 days, it's a bonus. It seems good enough to me, anyway.

Is anyone else having issues with the speed their new caches are being published ? it seems to take a week at best in the east midlands at the moment and this doesnt seem good enought to me

I agree with you. A week just isn't good enough for the reviewers who volunteer their time, above having jobs, family, geocaching, visits to the vet, chasing squirrels. In short they have lives.

Edited by T.D.M.22

Since you cannot possibly be complaining about your own cache submissions, please remember that the other new caches you are seeing may have had issues to be worked through prior to their publication.

The average time for your last 20 cache publications has been 1.35 days from the date of submission to the date of publication, ranging from a low of zero (nine caches published the same day submitted) to a high of four days (for three caches you submitted on 17 September).