Garmin Gtrex 10

madblonde

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but using the Geocaching app on my smartphone has not been very successful, so I have purchased the Garmin GTrex 10, could someone please tell me if there is a Geocaching map that I can download to this device, or do I have to write each cache to the device individually? I would be very grateful for any clarification and if I can download a map, where I can find it. Many thanks. :unsure:

The 10 isn't the best for adding maps, due to limited memory.

Talkytoasty maps are free, and updated regularly. http://talkytoaster.co.uk/

There is a thread in the UK forum, but it's a few pages down!

As a Premium Member, use Pocket Queries and load upto 1,000 caches at a time.

Worth a read http://www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk/ for information.

(Written by one of the UK reviewers, and contains a lot of good information!)

Edited by Bear and Ragged

I am 99.9% certain that talky toaster maps are too big to go on to the Etrex 10. We had one for 3 months when we started caching, it was good as a first GPS but when we found ourselves 20m from the cache but on the other side of the river/railway track we soon upgraded.

I agree with Bear and Ragged, use pocket queries to upload caches to the GPS, there are quite a few tutorials on how to do this gloating around.

I am 99.9% certain that talky toaster maps are too big to go on to the Etrex 10. We had one for 3 months when we started caching, it was good as a first GPS but when we found ourselves 20m from the cache but on the other side of the river/railway track we soon upgraded.

I agree with Bear and Ragged, use pocket queries to upload caches to the GPS, there are quite a few tutorials on how to do this gloating around.

+1 on maps. There is not enough memory. Excellent starter GPS and very accurate.