Garmin Oregon 550t geocaching profile.

For some reason I can not get the geocaching profile to work. When I first got the device. When I switched it to geocaching it hide most of the unused icons (such as the hunting and fishing app) and stuck the geocaching app next to the compass. Now does none of that the compass is n the first page and geocaching app is on the second. Why is it no switching properly. I had switched it to something else just playing around then tried to get it to go back and now won't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

See if this helps:

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Profiles

That has a brief outline of how to customize a profile. You can change most anything to the way you like, including having all the most useful icons on the first page of each profile.

I know I can customize my own but why is the default not working properly. The geocaching one looks exactly the same as the recreational profile.

You could always try reloading the firmware. Which version are you running?

Trying right now to update firmware.

No go still did not work. I think it did get over written some how because the background for the recreation and geocaching are the same they are the rocks. And if I recall the geocaching one should be like pine needles or something. So how could I go about fixing this? Thanks for the help thus far

You could always try reloading the firmware. Which version are you running?

Trying right now to update firmware.

No go still did not work. I think it did get over written some how because the background for the recreation and geocaching are the same they are the rocks. And if I recall the geocaching one should be like pine needles or something. So how could I go about fixing this? Thanks for the help thus far

Just checked it out all the icons are the same and in the same order with same background of rocks for recreation and geocaching.