Possible to move own GC (mysterie) to other location?

qps

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to move my own GC to another location that is about 100 km away from its position now.

I was moving to another city, so I cannot assure the meintenance of my cache. So I would like to move it to my new hometown, so I would still be able to keep an eye on it.

So my question, ist it possible to move that Mysterie so somewhere else and keep all the logs, I would just adjust the listin little bit.

Will this work, or is there no other way then archive it and make a new cache with same riddle?

thanks for your hopefully helpfull answers

yasmina

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to move my own GC to another location that is about 100 km away from its position now.

I was moving to another city, so I cannot assure the meintenance of my cache. So I would like to move it to my new hometown, so I would still be able to keep an eye on it.

So my question, ist it possible to move that Mysterie so somewhere else and keep all the logs, I would just adjust the listin little bit.

Will this work, or is there no other way then archive it and make a new cache with same riddle?

thanks for your hopefully helpfull answers

yasmina

No, you can't "move" a cache, any cache, that far away. It would need to comply with the current Guidelines. The very first issue would be with the Saturation Guideline in the new location.

Your options are to either adopt the cache over to someone else in the area, or just archive it. You could then "replicate" the style and type of hide in your new area, pending the usual review process.

Help Center - Hiding a Cache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.book&id=19

3.13. Editing a Published Listing: Major Change.

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=76

If you need to change the coordinates beyond 0.1 miles (528 feet or 161 m), or change the type of geocache, please contact your local reviewer. The reviewer will check the changes for adherence to the current guidelines and notify you when the changes have been made, or suggest that a new geocache listing should be submitted. Please be sure to follow any instructions the reviewer may send you.

There is a link to the profile page of the reviewer that reviewed your geocache listing in the bottom of your geocache page (you must be logged in). If you email a reviewer and do not receive a reply within one week, the reviewer account may be inactive and you will need to contact us at Groundspeak. contact@geocaching.com

When you contact the reviewer or Groundspeak please provide the geocache name and GC Code for the listing.

3.15. Adopting or Transferring a Geocache

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=54

B.