emailing a photo to a CO

Skyhawker

Some COs as for a photo to be emailed to them to confirm finds (usually for Earth Caches or Virtuals.) The send a message protocol doesn't allow attaching a photo. I try to send the requested photo in a separate email directly to the CO, but sometimes the CO's email address isn't there. Is there some way to work around this? Thanks

Some COs as for a photo to be emailed to them to confirm finds (usually for Earth Caches or Virtuals.) The send a message protocol doesn't allow attaching a photo. I try to send the requested photo in a separate email directly to the CO, but sometimes the CO's email address isn't there. Is there some way to work around this? Thanks

Just for future reference:

All requests for photographs must be optional.

Earthcache Guidelines

Many older EC Listings still state that photos are required, but such requirements are not grandfathered, like they are for virtuals.

Didn't mean to derail the discussion, but wanted to clarify that issue.

Like Keystone and niraD said, I would try out the Message Center in the future.

I'm wondering why you want to send the CO an image. Earthcache cannot require an image.

6. Logging an EarthCache requires visitors to undertake a site-specific task which provides a learning opportunity related to the topic. The logging tasks must have visitors using the information from the cache page along with their observations at the site to perform some type of analysis of their own. Logging task solutions will serve as the cache owner's proof that the cacher has visited the site. Questions which only serve to prove that someone visited the site, and do not relate to the site's geology, are not permitted. All requests for photographs must be optional. Visitors must be able to send their answers to logging tasks via the cache owner's profile. Auto-responders cannot be used to verify answers. (link to Help Center) The answers to the logging tasks must be placed in a Reviewer Note at the time of submission. (logging tasks explained)

Just for future reference:

All requests for photographs must be optional.

Earthcache Guidelines

Many older EC Listings still state that photos are required, but such requirements are not grandfathered, like they are for virtuals.

Didn't mean to derail the discussion, but wanted to clarify that issue.

Like Keystone and niraD said, I would try out the Message Center in the future.

You may find that the Groundspeak guidelines are not the same as the GSA guidelines. I have seen where a Lackey allowed a photo of a tool, but the GSA turned it over and told the CO to remove the requirement for a photo.

edit for wording

Edited by jellis