GeoWoodstock 2016

Andiamo59

Anybody know where GeoWoodstock 2016 will be held?

They will announce it during the closing ceremonies for Geowoodstock 2015.

Thank you

They most likely already know who they are, and are just keeping quiet until the announcement. Check the Geocaching rumor mill. You know where to find that, right? :P

I ran into a high ranking member of the British Columbia Geocaching Association who was on vacation in Florida. We chatted over a couple of beers and talked about the weather, sinkholes and geocaching. With my promise of not telling anyone, he clued me in on GeoWoodstock 2016.

Their association will be hosting it in Vancouver, BC on May 21st, 2016 over the Victoria Day weekend. Yes, it's in Canada. Well, I suppose it would leave the States at some point. Anyway, It will be held at Mount Seymour Provincial Park at their Vancouver Picnic Area. Mount Seymour is just a little North of Vancouver.

Although not planned yet, there will be usual before and after mini events. One new activity will be a log toss using real logs. He didn't say anything more except that he probably had said too much. Mums the word so please do not tell anyone else.

I ran into a high ranking member of the British Columbia Geocaching Association who was on vacation in Florida. We chatted over a couple of beers and talked about the weather, sinkholes and geocaching. With my promise of not telling anyone, he clued me in on GeoWoodstock 2016.

Their association will be hosting it in Vancouver, BC on May 21st, 2016 over the Victoria Day weekend. Yes, it's in Canada. Well, I suppose it would leave the States at some point. Anyway, It will be held at Mount Seymour Provincial Park at their Vancouver Picnic Area. Mount Seymour is just a little North of Vancouver.

Although not planned yet, there will be usual before and after mini events. One new activity will be a log toss using real logs. He didn't say anything more except that he probably had said too much. Mums the word so please do not tell anyone else.

Gee, that's a log toss from my house but there is one problem with your story, no high ranking member of the British Columbia Geocaching Association could afford a vacation in Florida.

Note to self, never tell Colonial Cats anything confidential as they can't keep their word. <_<

Note to self, never tell Colonial Cats anything confidential as they can't keep their word. <_<

He's lying. There would be way more Lumberjack competition events if GeoWoodstock was ever held in Canada. :huh:

I was serious that the respective committee's know they've got it long before the announcement, and I have heard rumors in the past on more than one occasion which have turned out to be correct. But I probably shouldn't have brought that up. Unless people want to roll with it for comedic purposes. Such as Mount Seymour Provincial Park, British Columbia. Yeah, right. Do they have exhibition facilities? :)

He's lying. There would be way more Lumberjack competition events if GeoWoodstock was ever held in Canada. :huh:

I was serious that the respective committee's know they've got it long before the announcement, and I have heard rumors in the past on more than one occasion which have turned out to be correct. But I probably shouldn't have brought that up. Unless people want to roll with it for comedic purposes. Such as Mount Seymour Provincial Park, British Columbia. Yeah, right. Do they have exhibition facilities? :)

They have a pretty large parking lot.

Note to self, never trust anything Colonial Cats says, he's a liar. <_<

I tend to agree. Trillian and I were on the Geowoodstock XII staff and the location was completely kept secret, even from us. We know the directors quite well and they spilled nothing.

Lying for the sake of comedy is OK. Especially when you're dropping lumberjack competition games on an event in Canada. :blink:

I tend to agree. Trillian and I were on the Geowoodstock XII staff and the location was completely kept secret, even from us. We know the directors quite well and they spilled nothing.

Wrong. I had a really good idea that Geowoodstock 2015 would be in Maryland. Six months before Geowoodstock XII!! Someone leak it. I would say any names. :laughing:

When I was at Geowoodstock XII, I noticed a LARGE amount of cachers were from Maryland area!!! That was a dead gave away!!! I am talking about 100 of them! :blink: I asked a few of them where the next geowoodstock would be at and base on my body language reading skills, it was funny reading them! :ph34r:

So... for the Geowoodstock 2015, pay attention to any large group of people from one given area. <_<

So temp caches are taken care of...

So temp caches are taken care of...

Ohio is a long way from Canada! <_< <_<

OK, I don't claim to be well connected or anything. But on two occasions, I have heard rumors, and they were exactly that, rumors, on where the next GeoWoodstock was going to be long before the upcoming one happened. And in both cases, those rumors were correct. And no, I didn't know anyone in the upper echelons of "the committee" in either case. And even if I did, would they really come out and say it to some loudmouth who has been temporarily banned from these forums about 5 or 6 times? I think not. :)

dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

Note to self, don't let Colonial Cats anywhere near our foster cats. He/she/they are a bad influence. <_<