I need help choosing 3 x GPS for use with groups

Hi,

I'm a geocacher. I also work for Swansea County Council on the Gower Landscape Partnership. This is a Heritage lottery funded project with the aim of promoting the heritage of Gower.

We are organising numerous activities on Gower. I am closely involved with organising Geocaching events. This week i have been engaging with a few hard to reach groups and they really want to give it a go.

We have been promoting the fact that they can use free apps on their smartphones.

My boss has given me the go ahead to buy at least 3 GPS devices for use with all types of groups, young and old.

We want good quality devices that are easy to use and easy to recharge. Quality over price, once our project is finished these devices will be handed over to local groups/schools to continue.

Has anybody any advice please.

Marie

Garmin Etrex 20 ... best 'bang for the buck' at the moment IMO.

Agree.

But I think it would be fair to say any GPS is a steep learning curve when you first get it. It is easy to use and easy to show others how to use it - once you know how to yourself.....

So whatever unit you go for make sure you get plenty of practise in yourself first.