Wondering if I am the only one with this HTML Problem

geo K

Sorry if this has been covered before.

I include HTML code in the Short Description when adding a Cache. After the add, I do the view. The HTML code displays with the rest of the Short Description.

I find it easier to add the Short Description after the 1st Add and view. I then Edit to change the cache and add the Short Description at this point.

Don't know if this happens with the Long Description and don't know if I am the only one with this problem.

Thanks for the help

Sorry if this has been covered before.

I include HTML code in the Short Description when adding a Cache. After the add, I do the view. The HTML code displays with the rest of the Short Description.

I find it easier to add the Short Description after the 1st Add and view. I then Edit to change the cache and add the Short Description at this point.

Don't know if this happens with the Long Description and don't know if I am the only one with this problem.

Thanks for the help

When you're editing a cache page, just below the Terrain Rating section and above the Short Description section, there's a checkbox labeled "The descriptions below are in HTML". It sounds like this box isn't checked (it's unchecked by default), so the site isn't interpreting your HTML code as HTML code, but rather just as regular text. If you check this box, the HTML code should then be correctly interpreted.

When you're editing a cache page, just below the Terrain Rating section and above the Short Description section, there's a checkbox labeled "The descriptions below are in HTML" (it's unchecked by default)

In my experience, it's checked by default when creating a new cache page; the first time you go back and edit, your description will be in HTML by default. For that reason, when creating a cache that I do not want in HTML, I always just insert a junk word in the short description and description boxes, save the page, then go back, uncheck the HTML description option, and go from there.

The check is sticky, though; once you have unchecked it for a cache, it will remain unchecked.

When you're editing a cache page, just below the Terrain Rating section and above the Short Description section, there's a checkbox labeled "The descriptions below are in HTML" (it's unchecked by default)

In my experience, it's checked by default when creating a new cache page; the first time you go back and edit, your description will be in HTML by default.

Interesting. I seem to remember it used to be unchecked by default, but things must have changed. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for your help. When I went back to look at this after your suggestions.

I noticed the box is not present during the Creation Process so it assumes there is no HTML.

In my case, the tags showed because my description had the tags in it. Using a dummy word probably is the best solution.

I had checked the box in the Editing process.

Not sure how to use the highlighting boxes, but thank you both for your suggestions.

geo K

In my experience, it's checked by default when creating a new cache page; the first time you go back and edit, your description will be in HTML by default.

Interesting. I seem to remember it used to be unchecked by default, but things must have changed. Thanks for the update.

Not sure when it happened, but it's been a while. Perhaps when the site went to the new "cache wizard."