LOST TRACABLE

sjthaxter

Once that thing leaves your hands, it's up to others whether they'll honor any mission you've placed.

- If they read the mission goal at all.

So far, there's no logs saying all the trackables (or only yours) is gone, so might be safe to say it's still there by those discover logs.

I'll discover if there's no attached mission, since most times I don't even bother to bring the phone anymore.

I'm out to relax, not get hassled by others.

Will grab it anyway if I feel the cache is a piece a carp, or a spot begging to be muggled.

My logs usually include its condition if it's getting a bit ragged, and sometimes a pic too.

Bet you don't see many in your drop/retrieve logs. ;)

Lucky someone doesn't grab it with a, "A friend of mine's Uncle is going to Ireland. I think they said sometime this Fall, and we'll give it to him JIC" ... and never hear of it again.

We've seen that happen.

Looks like the cache your TB is marked as being in hasn't been found since the TB was dropped. It looks like the CO is taking good care of the cache so chances are your TB is still there. If you want to check, try popping the CO a message.

I'm sure it'll be on the move soon enough.

One of our trackables went missing September 13, 2012. At first did not think too much about it. Wrote several notes to the individuals to please place the trackable. No response.

After a few months, and extensive research found that they held 34 trackables and possibly more, just not logged in. I contacted Groundspeak, and was told that they emailed them with "proper trackable etiquette" information.

On May 1, 2013, 32 were recorded as being placed in a cache, it only took a few days to verify that not one of the trackables were in the cache.

Recovered June 3, 2016 by Alan Rash, Thank you.

"I bought a large group of trackables at a flea market in Delaware. The person had bought a storage locker that the owner lost due to non-payment and this bug was among them."

Missing for 1,389 days or 3 years, 9 months and 20 days.

Sometimes, they do reappear.

Being naive about trackables, in the beginning, we have since requested some of our coins be returned. 6 are returned, still have 5 marked MIA, 6 missing soon to be marked MIA, 3 are still moving. Total trackables: 29

Edited by BK-Hunters

For some reason TBs seem to last longer in Europe than they do here in the U.S. That has been my experience as well as several other geocachers I know. So, if a TB goes to Ireland that might be the best thing that can happen to it.

My only TB that is still active is in France and is over 2 years old. It was dormant for a long time though.

I just had a trackable resurface today that I thought had been missing since 2009. The person who picked it up had two finds total: the cache in Italy where they picked up our TB in 2009, and the cache in Colorado where they left it in 2015. Two finders later, someone found our TB in the cache and grabbed it.

I've had others reappear after a while.

I've also had plenty that sat in a cache for a few months or more.

It's hard to be patient with your first travel bug or geocoin. You want it to move all over the world and can't wait to see where it goes. It can be pretty easy to lose patience when it does not. I know I did a few times when we first put some out there. I am far more patient now.

Edited by hzoi

For some reason TBs seem to last longer in Europe than they do here in the U.S. That has been my experience as well as several other geocachers I know. So, if a TB goes to Ireland that might be the best thing that can happen to it.

My only TB that is still active is in France and is over 2 years old. It was dormant for a long time though.

Not true! We are in England and our son's dragon trackable went 5 miles and now is missing for a year, my fishbone one was taken to Portugal and has been missing 3 years! We are 2 for 2 because all our trackables are missing!The dragon lasted less than two weeks, the fishbone lasted about four months. Our 12 year old son doesn't even want to put more out because they keep getting stolen. (the dragon was his trackable).

Edited by MerseysideCache

Have you contacted ricmolopes, as he was the last one to retrieve your Fishbone TB. Also he seems to be still active, last cache found in May 2016.

There are 240 trackables that are logged under his profile, so he is experienced.

Sorry to be overstating the obvious.

From time to time I correspond with the person who is known to still have our trackables, as one never know what may come about...

Example: Just had another one logged in by someone other than the person who retrieved it. It was inactive for 1,262 days or 3 years, 5 months and 16 days. I contacted the person who retrieved it requesting it be placed in a cache, and about two days later it was recovered by a different geocacher. Do not know for sure, I suspect it was passed on after my last email to the person who originally retrieved it.

I did contact two other persons who retrieved other TBs, and so far have not heard from them or any activity on the missing TBs.

BTW: This is a different TB, then the one previously mentioned. So that is two reactivated in the last few months.

Edited by BK-Hunters